Good Tummy Saver for a GSP?

Bossman27

Good Tummy Saver for a GSP?

Post by Bossman27 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I have a 65 Pound GSP with a real deep chest, he gets super raw on winter pheasant hunting expeditions on his chest so I'm thinking about getting a tummy saver for him. Any recommendations on which kind? The ripstop protector from Cabela's looks OK but I think it would rub his armpits raw.

Thanks in advance.

tompetey

Re: Good Tummy Saver for a GSP?

Post by tompetey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:16 am

Yes the cabelas one rubs the dogs arm pits raw makes a mess of them and a very sore dog

MTJoe

Post by MTJoe » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:57 pm

I got a neoprene vest from Cabelas as my male dutch really needs one. I am going to test it out in the next few days, will let you know how it goes. One reason I went with the Cabelas neoprene though is that it is a velcro closure, not a zipper allowing more variation in size.

Mike50

Post by Mike50 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:08 pm

They don't do much for the family jewels but the do take care of the female parts.
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]
Skidplate is what its called.

Bossman27

Post by Bossman27 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:43 pm

I just dont think there is one that will fit my pooch, I bought a few but they all don't well. The problem is he is super tall and long with a deep chest but he is very narrow so any that fit around his chest are too wide and get into his arm pits. He'll just have to deal with a raw chest/stomach for a few days after hunting i suppose.