Dog house heating units

Adawg762

Dog house heating units

Post by Adawg762 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 pm

I am looking for a heating unit for my dog house and I have looked at some products already and one in particular is the Hound Heater Dog Furnace, I would like to hear what you pro's have to say lol. Soo just let me know what you have and what you would recomend!!! thanks ya'll- Aaron

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog house heating units

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Why would you need a heater in N.Carolina? We are in Northern IL and have never used one. I never wanted to have electricity anywhere near the dog kennels or houses.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Adawg762

Post by Adawg762 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Well I know but I just feel bad for him cause he's extremely fit and doesn't have any fat soo that's why he does get cold sometimes that's why :) but you do have a great point about the electricity I will think about that! Thank you sir!!!

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 pm

I have a Hound Heater. I need to redo my dog house, as it's too large for the dogs and the HH unit, and has 2 doors that aren't airtight. Despite that, I can definitely tell it's several degrees warmer inside. I've got mine turned all the way up, since we can get pretty cold here, and it does get hot to the touch. Never had a puppy around it, but the adult dogs have done fine. The cord is drilled out the back side of the dog house, goes straight through the kennel mesh, and to the outlet...which leave nothing to chew on. The HH housing is all metal and the thermostat has a metal box that flips down over it.

cutty72

Post by cutty72 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

I have no heater in my dog house, it's well insulated so when she's in there it gets/stays pretty warm.

As for the electricity, I have a heated bucket to keep her water thawed and haven't had an issue yet.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:09 am

I don't use a heater, mostly because I figure power will go out in exactly the worst conditions, which means the dogs are w/o heat when they need it most. I've lost power here at my home for a total of 10 days in the last couple of years. I know that's not a lot, but it sure would be uncomfortable for a dog who needed a heater to not have one when the conditions are really bad.

bently

Post by bently » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 am

I have a HH heater and it works great. The kennel is built into the back of the garage but when the temp gets down to 20 or below i turn it on. The dog doesn't bother it and it does heat pretty well. The main unit is spaced out from the wall it is screwed to, mainly for the thermostat guage (or whatever you call it, a metal rod) to sit. It also has a heat sheild you install above the main unit to help deflect the heat if your kennel is shorter and it has to be mounted somewhat close to the roof.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:08 am

I keep my dogs in plastic barrels and make sure there is straw in there. It gets cold in Kansas and I havent ever lost a dog to the cold, I have seen dogs die from the heat though (not mine :lol: ). When it gets really cold I will put two dogs in a kennel and they can keep eachother warm.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine