Time for an E-Collar

jgregg

Time for an E-Collar

Post by jgregg » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:58 am

Well I've finally got enough pennies saved up for an E collar for the pup. He's almost 5 months old and I at least want to get it on him so he associates it with having fun when we go out in the field. Is it worth the extra $ to go with a TT G3? I'm also looking at sport dog brands because I have a gift card at my local dog supply store due to them making some ordering mistakes in the past, so it would be nice to get something they carry. But I want quality and durability. Anybody had problems with sportdog brand?

Gertie

Re: Time for an E-Collar

Post by Gertie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 pm

I got the TT G3 Pro and have been real happy with it. I've never used one before so I don't have a real frame of reference but it seems to be well built and it's really user friendly. I did the introduction like it was demonstrated in the Hickox DVD and it's made a huge difference.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

thelast2

Post by thelast2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Is it worth the extra $ to go with a TT G3?
I personally use, and would recommend buying the Tri-Tronics if for no other reason simply because it is made in the USA rather than others made in Korea or China.
Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY'
SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
JR'S THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE[/color]

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Tri Tronics has a 2 day sale going on until tommorow. I don't know if you could find them cheaper other places.

jforgey

Post by jforgey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:09 pm

I have the Sportdog 1825. The thing I like most about it is the fit. It perfectly fits the right hand and the buttons are right there and you don't have to look at it. Not only the buttons, but also the intensity dial. Very easy to use and it can be set up for a variety of options regarding tone, vibrate, continuous and momentary stimulation. The Sportdog website allows you to download the owner's manual. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either the TT G3 or the Sportdog. Both are Steve's picks on the Gundog Supply website (also a great place to research what you want).

AmericanHuntingDog

Post by AmericanHuntingDog » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:42 pm

What did you end up getting and how do you like it?
American Hunting Dog
Online supplier of all things Training Related. All Major Brands of ECollars and More.
http://www.americanhuntingdog.com

jgregg

Post by jgregg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 am

Ended up getting the Tri Tronics g3 Sport basisc. Loving it. Simple. Reliable. My dog "Here's" every time with or without the collar on, "Whoa's" on a dime, and using the Vibrate setting, can be silently released from "Whoa". 6 months old and it made a huge difference. He loves it when I pull it out and rushes for me to put it on him, knowing it means we're going to work on birds :D

AmericanHuntingDog

Post by AmericanHuntingDog » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:48 am

Nice call - you cant go wrong with TT collars -

Qwernt

Post by Qwernt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Is the "buzz" setting a vibrate or a tone? I know Dogtra has a Vibrate "pager" setting but I would rather get TT if they have vibrate (if dog doesn't listen to me yelling, won't listen to a beep beeping either).

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 am

I have used the Tri Tronics Upland EXP for several years. This unit has worked perfectly for training and field. Beepers can be turned on remotely. Can run 3 dogs and has 18 correction levels. Only had a couple of small issues and their customer service was top notch. Had to finally replace batteries in receivers this year. I upgraded to the newer beepers this year but can't hear them much better than the old ones.