Doggie Dooley

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Doggie Dooley

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:39 pm

Have any of you used this and if not what if any weaste system do you use? I will be pouring a new kennel soon and want to incorporate some sort of waste disposal for it. It will be a two dog kennel with possibly a third dog.
thanks
Lvrgsp :lol:

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:22 pm

My kennel is sloped so water runs off it, I have a ditch dug about 6 in deep along one side, I wash off the stuff into the ditch where it goes to my field I keep steers in. Then I use a "lot spray" for livestock to kill flies and other bugs that like the stuff. You can use this spray around a kennel too, it keeps off flies. fleas and ticks. I also spray my trees and shrubs around the kennels. Keeps them bug free.

The dooley breaks down the waste but then you still have to empty the thing...

I envision the next kennel to have a built in septic system, funnel it to one end where a 55 gal drum is buried with holes in it so water can drain out, then get it pumped from time to time.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

wannabe

Re: Doggie Dooley

Post by wannabe » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:15 pm

lvrgsp wrote:Have any of you used this and if not what if any weaste system do you use? I will be pouring a new kennel soon and want to incorporate some sort of waste disposal for it. It will be a two dog kennel with possibly a third dog.
thanks
Lvrgsp :lol:
The Doggy Dooly works great if you have sandy soil, but if your sub-soil is clay, it won't drain like it should.
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Our doggie dooley didn't drain correctly due to the soil either and then there is the temperature requirements also. It's easier to just pick up and put it in a trash bag.

carla

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:41 am

Chip,

I haven't used it, but I a little google-ing around found this:

http://www.newtechbio.com/stronger-than-ridx.htm

If you build the sump and lines deal that a lot of people have and dump something like this in it every so often, I bet it would last a long time.

Best regards, Greg J.

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:53 am

The doggie dooley comes with and recomends a bacterial additive but that was not our problem. Ours drained too fast and left the poo just sitting there even after adding water twice a day. Just didn't have the right soil conditions for it. It also suggest not using it below approx 30 degrees which means most of the winter. I would just save my money or build a regular septic if you run a kennel.

carla