Bird launchers

Pappy

Bird launchers

Post by Pappy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:09 pm

I have seen a lot of bird launchers out there and they are not cheap. I plan to use it for quail and pigeons. What is a good brand to purchase.
Thanks Pappy

Troy08er

Re: Bird launchers

Post by Troy08er » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Do you have any birds for sale. If you want to borrow my launchers (3) and live in the Rosedale area PM. Maybe we can work something out.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Pappy

Post by Pappy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Raising some piegons but I just don't have many right now they just started to breed

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:07 pm

I have a couple of LCS launchers. They are less expensive than some of the other brands, but I have had very good results with them.
They have plenty of range for the training grounds I run on.
Steve

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

SetterNut wrote:I have a couple of LCS launchers. They are less expensive than some of the other brands, but I have had very good results with them.
I have one of these too, and I'm not as impressed. The receiver seems finicky on whether it wants to release or not.

Pappy

Post by Pappy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

I have been looking on the INTERNET and found one that seemed to be in my price range. I thought the DT 509 quail and pigeon launcher looks to be a good one. My concern is that I have seen some u-tube pics launching some quail but no pigeon. A pigeon is a little heavier than a quail. My concern is, is the launcher going to launch the pigeons up high enough so if can fly. Does anyone have any experiences using this type of launcher and using pigeons with it.

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Pappy wrote:I have been looking on the INTERNET and found one that seemed to be in my price range. I thought the DT 509 quail and pigeon launcher looks to be a good one. My concern is that I have seen some u-tube pics launching some quail but no pigeon. A pigeon is a little heavier than a quail. My concern is, is the launcher going to launch the pigeons up high enough so if can fly. Does anyone have any experiences using this type of launcher and using pigeons with it.
Good choice on that one, I doubt it will have any issues launching pigeons. Also, most of them you can adjust how tight the spring is, not sure about that particular one though.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:30 pm

crazyboy wrote:
SetterNut wrote:I have a couple of LCS launchers. They are less expensive than some of the other brands, but I have had very good results with them.
I have one of these too, and I'm not as impressed. The receiver seems finicky on whether it wants to release or not.
I have not seen that with mine. I have turned the spring tensions down that the birds are not going up like a space shuttle launch. The higher the spring tension the more force it takes to release the launcher.
Steve

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 pm

I have Dogtra launchers. They work great for quail, pigeons, and chukar.

sniperjon

Post by sniperjon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 am

Pappy wrote:I have been looking on the INTERNET and found one that seemed to be in my price range. I thought the DT 509 quail and pigeon launcher looks to be a good one. My concern is that I have seen some u-tube pics launching some quail but no pigeon. A pigeon is a little heavier than a quail. My concern is, is the launcher going to launch the pigeons up high enough so if can fly. Does anyone have any experiences using this type of launcher and using pigeons with it.
I have two 509 launchers a they are just fine for putting up pigeon's

Pappy

Post by Pappy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info, I am heading down to bass pro Saturday to pick up some fishing supplies, I will see if they have the DT 509.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:20 pm

I've had two 509 DTs for about 4 years now. I've never had an issue with either (knock on wood!). They'll easily hold a chukar, or pigeon, or 1-2 quail (depending on size).

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:37 pm

No porblem launching any bird that will fit in the DT 509. Also have a pheasant size I can launch four pigeons out of that. They work great.
A little less money don't count for much if they start to malfunction CJ

ward myers

Post by ward myers » Wed May 16, 2012 6:11 pm

someone just gave me a D.T. SYSTEMS BL509 , i worked on it got it partially working was going to check to see if its still under waranty but thier site is down.
i seen on this site a while back someone had a new line of launchers ,
does anyone have that link ?

LaTexCLB

Post by LaTexCLB » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I've used Innotek launchers with good success. One of them started to be a little faulty on the release, so I made some modifications to tighten up the release mechanism, and it now works fine. I'd have no problem recommending the Innotek
Impressive KaZoya Rusty Mia Reduxx http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genedit.php?id=4133

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Pappy -

I have 3 of the DT-BL 509 small bird launchers. I love them. Don't worry, they have plenty of "Umph" to launch a pigeon. You could launch a small pheasant with one.

The DT launchers have some features that I really like. Can't go wrong with em. Although I am biased. :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

weekendwarrior

Post by weekendwarrior » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

I would not recommend the LCS launcher. I just returned 2 of them and they really are poorly built, and the electronics are not reliable. I have had many many training opportunities blown with my dog because it wouldn't launch.

Just spent a bit more on the DT launchers....

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I have 2 of the dt 509 and they work great. I like the beeper function so I can find them. Seem to have all the range I need.

big_fish

Post by big_fish » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:31 pm

I have the quail launcher from gun dog supply that is a lcs launcher I launch pigeons out of it. It doesn't launch them as high as the quail but the pigeons fly better than the quail so the dog cant catch them anyways.
I will take the dog and not the gun but never the gun without the dog !

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:34 pm

LaTexCLB wrote:I've used Innotek launchers with good success. One of them started to be a little faulty on the release, so I made some modifications to tighten up the release mechanism, and it now works fine. I'd have no problem recommending the Innotek
+ 1 I have had innotek for about 10 - 12 years. Launchers are fine if you keep fresh batteries in them but the Transmitters are a different issue. You have to scrounge around to find some that work on the old innotecks. I am told that the Innoteck launchers won't be around too much longer.

ranmcc

Post by ranmcc » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:20 am

I recently bought a Dt remote launcher from LCS and it is very heavy duty. Had it for a couple of months with no trouble. I really like the trap door for inserting birds. Pigeons fit fine. The only trouble I have had is when I set it and pull the lock pin you have to make sure you hold the lever in place or you may accidently set the trap off. Once you get the hang of it there is no problem. I had the old EZ traps for 30 years and still use them along with this one. The DT has alot longer range on the transmitter and that is why I chose this one after reviewing all the others. Plus the trap door was a plus over the other traps.

Benelli Man

Post by Benelli Man » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:58 am

I am looking at a new dog box, and one of the companies I am looking at is Northstar's high density plastic dog boxes. I am interested in the durability in heat, cold and over time. Does anybody have experience with these dog boxes or trailers?

magspa

Post by magspa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:26 pm

I have an LCS launcher and it works fine..If you do get a LCS launcher, they have two remotes available - get the good one, even if you dont plan on having multiple launchers. The other 2 button one isn't any good. Maybe that is why they are getting some bad reviews. As far as innotek goes, I am pretty sure they do not exist anymore because Lioncountry bought them out. I have a plastic easy loader kennel that i realy like. seems pretty durable but mine is in an SUV. Holds up to the heat well in my south Texas garage.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm

sniperjon wrote:
I have two 509 launchers a they are just fine for putting up pigeon's
X2

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 am

Recently bought 2 Dogtra launchers from a pro trainer. Quite used. Still work great with new batteries. Had one receiver fail and sent it to dogtra. They received it on Monday and I had it back by UPS on Thursday. Great service. The trainer sold the Dogtra's because he couldn't remember to recharge the batteries. The DT brand uses replaceable 9 volt batteries