Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

pointshootretrieve

Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

Post by pointshootretrieve » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Anyone picked up one of these? Was thinking of buying one to shoot sporting clays, skeet, trap.

Britts522

Re: Remington 1100 compettition synthetic

Post by Britts522 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:33 pm

I have a wood stock 1100. I can barely hit anything with it, so I use a model 58 that is just about worn out but fits me much better and keep the 1100 for emergencies.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:49 am

Did Remington ever figure out their gas problems? They carbon up way to fast, sometimes I had to push the bolt forward for my second shot before a 100 shot course was finished---Sporting Clays 11/87---I finally went to Urika Gold-391
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 am

Rod W wrote:Did Remington ever figure out their gas problems? They carbon up way to fast, sometimes I had to push the bolt forward for my second shot before a 100 shot course was finished---Sporting Clays 11/87---I finally went to Urika Gold-391
Shoot them wet with Breakfree CLP.

To the OP, the gun will work fine. Most, including me, often spend too much on fancy guns. Better to spend the money on shells and range fees.

buckeyebowman

Post by buckeyebowman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Britts522 wrote:I have a wood stock 1100. I can barely hit anything with it, so I use a model 58 that is just about worn out but fits me much better and keep the 1100 for emergencies.
True that! If the gun doesn't fit you it doesn't really matter what make or model it is, you'll have a hard time hitting with it. Luckily my 1100, that I bought used from a friend, fits me to a T. Never had a problem with it, but it's a wood stock model. An oldie but goodie! Just make sure that when you clean the gun you clean the two small holes in the magazine tube above the fore end. This allows the gun to "pass the gas" as it's meant to and function properly.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

Post by Neil » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:22 pm

I am not saying it is not important that a gun shoots where you look.

But I am reminded of the time I was in a group with the great Jon Kruger and someone asked him who fitted his guns. Jon said he shoots them pretty much how they came out of the box. Now Jon is a good guy, but did like to show off some. He proceeded to shoot the next stand from the hip, then on top of his head, then upside down - never missing.

Before I worried about fit, I would practice, and then practice some more.

mrcreole

Re: Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic

Post by mrcreole » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 pm

I have an 1100 Sporting. I shoot it well and it behaves well. I usually clean it after every round. Never a hiccup. The 1100 is a reliable gun, you just have to clean it. It's not a hard gun to clean. But you have to learn how to tear the gun all the way down.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:46 am

buckeyebowman wrote:
Britts522 wrote:I have a wood stock 1100. I can barely hit anything with it, so I use a model 58 that is just about worn out but fits me much better and keep the 1100 for emergencies.
True that! If the gun doesn't fit you it doesn't really matter what make or model it is, you'll have a hard time hitting with it. Luckily my 1100, that I bought used from a friend, fits me to a T. Never had a problem with it, but it's a wood stock model. An oldie but goodie! Just make sure that when you clean the gun you clean the two small holes in the magazine tube above the fore end. This allows the gun to "pass the gas" as it's meant to and function properly.
This is good advice, the gas ports do need to be cleaned. 1100's are great guns, there is a reason they are still be sold today and it is not because they are unreliable. Light lubrication and cleaning is what all semi autos need. Well except A5 and they seem to function as shovels or shotguns. For the gentlemen with 11-87, the original gas seal broke very easy sometimes right away. there is a new gas seal that came out, once installed they are very reliable as well.
Take Care
Pete