Echo DRT duck call

Hunt1Fish2

Echo DRT duck call

Post by Hunt1Fish2 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I just bought the Echo DRT duck call. I heard the brand was pretty good and I like the call because it has my initials. Just wondering if any of you guys have tried this call or brand before. or if you have any other suggestions for calls. Thanks, Devin.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: Echo DRT duck call

Post by wems2371 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:31 am

Devin, I'm not too far from you, a little less than an hour east of CR on hwy 30. My husband found this guy on Iowa Outdoors Forum, and he is in CR. I've got 3 different calls from him over the last couple of years. I've only duck hunted a couple years, but my friend who has almost made duck hunting his job for the last 20+ years :wink: , says they have VERY good sound and he wanted one for himself. The super nice thing about Doug is when he takes you down in the basement to look at the variety of calls, he will also gladly give you a lesson on calling. He'll walk you through the voot voot sounds, etc and listen to how your doing it, and give suggestions. So while you're paying a touch more for a custom call, you can't beat him spending the extra time for the lesson, talking ducks, etc.

Denise

oops, forgot link
http://www.rivermallard.com/duckcalls.htm

Hunt1Fish2

Post by Hunt1Fish2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 am

Oh, sweet. Thank you. I might have to look him up.

Hunt1Fish2

Post by Hunt1Fish2 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 pm

I got my call in today and to be honest, I couldn't put it down. Its just got a really rich sound to it and it is just great so far. My hunting buddies loved it and so did my uncles. Hands down the best call I've ever heard. :D