Dehaan Shotguns?

nitrex

Dehaan Shotguns?

Post by nitrex » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:54 pm

I'm looking to buy a new O/U 20 ga. What do you all think about the Dehaans. I know they are made in Turkey and Dehaan inspects them before shipping them to you. I also talked to them about the firing pin problem, but he said they are fixing that problem so not to worry. I'm also looking at the Beretta, Franchi, and several others.

Thanks!

Nitrex

Casper

Post by Casper » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:54 pm

I hear the Franchi is very nice and the Beretta is money well spent

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:52 am

Might want to look in to the CZ O/U made by same company as Dehaans. However I think they have a 5 yr warranty vs 2 for the Dehaans.

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:57 pm

Franchi over the Dehaan is my opinion. Have shot the Franchi's but not the Dehaan's but also have not heard great things about them. I also agree that CZ might not be a bad choice either. By the way Marlin is bringing back the LC Smith line and they are well worth looking at. Good luck.

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:13 pm

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=79

Go to this website and read all about the dehaan guns. It will answer a lot of questions you may have. I'm thinking of buying one myself.

Toyman

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:59 am

I considered a DeHaan, then read about the firing pin problems. I ended up getting a Franchi Veloce for graduation and I absolutely love it.

If you can find a Veloce I'd say go for it. Likely it will be at a discount because it, along with the 12 ga. Alcione, was replaced this year by the Franchi Renaissance line O/U. (I like the Veloce better than the Renaissance, it just looks better, and though I haven't compared the fit my Veloce is very nice itself.)
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Coach529

Post by Coach529 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:17 pm

I was looking into a DeHaan awhile back, but some of the reports on Shotgunworld steered me into a used Citori instead!!

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:17 pm

I have a Dehann 20Ga O/U w/extractors. Paid about $645 for it a couple of yrs ago and shot maybe 2500 rounds through it. Nice gun for the money at least that what I thought until I stumbled onto the Yildez 20ga at Academy for $389 (yes I'm a sucker for a deal). I purchased a 12 and 20 last summer before the dove opener. This is another Turkish gun that IMO is nicer and a better value than the Dehann. It's a hunting OU, very light wieght, aluminum alloy receiver, ejectors, 5 chokes and dark turkish walnut. I've put over a 1000 rounds through it so far and absolutely love the gun. I've never had any problems with either and so far I'm satisfied with both. A couple of my friends that I hunt and shoot clays with also purchased the Yildez and they’ve not had any issues either.

To quote a Shooting Sportsman article "Turkey's labor cost at the present are very low, they now have the high tech machinery and are considered pioneers in gun manufacturing. The Turks are going to be serious players in the next few years"

Berreta's, Browning’s & Franchi's are no doubt all nice guns and I would certainly have no problem owning one.

However, I Quail hunt and have my money tied up in the dogs. All I need is a decent, dependable OU that hit's where I aim, looks decent and won't make me cry if it gets scratched and where I hunt, the later is inevitable.

Rodger

DKRick

Post by DKRick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:42 pm

Rodger wrote:Nice gun for the money at least that what I thought until I stumbled onto the Yildez 20ga at Academy for $389 (yes I'm a sucker for a deal). I purchased a 12 and 20 last summer before the dove opener. Rodger
Rodger,

Can you give a site for the "Academy" or should I just do a search for Yildez?

Rick

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 pm

Rodger,
What is the weight of your 20 ga.?

Toyman

Rodger

Yildez

Post by Rodger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 am

Guy's here is the link on Academy's web site....

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=c ... 04706-1228

Shows the 12ga, but it's also offered in 20ga. I believe the weight is right at 6 lbs. They also have a upgraded wood model that is $599.

One thing to check though, Academy is based in Houston and I have heard they only sell to TX residents, but I'd call to to verify that.

Rodger

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:17 am

One other thing I forgot to mention. These have a 3 yr waranty that is serviced by Briley in Houston. Most Skeet shooters are familar with them as they are big in tubes and chokes manufacturing. They have some pretty nice extended tubes that fit the Yildez if you like that sort of choke.

Rodger