Alfa vs Gunx

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Alfa vs Gunx

Post by ACooper » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am

Has anyone owned or handled both enough to give an objective review on each? I know the GunX has a lifetime warranty which is really good. But how about form, feel, function?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Alfa vs Gunx

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:07 pm

I know you want an Alpha vs Gunx....
I can say IMO the Alpha is a nice pistol for sure, very well made and reliable, in saying that compared to a NEF, Love the NEF over it any day and that is due to weight, feel, can slide the NEF in back pocket where as the Alpha is a bit more cumbersome and bulky.....just a personal preference really.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 pm

lvrgsp wrote:I know you want an Alpha vs Gunx....
I can say IMO the Alpha is a nice pistol for sure, very well made and reliable, in saying that compared to a NEF, Love the NEF over it any day and that is due to weight, feel, can slide the NEF in back pocket where as the Alpha is a bit more cumbersome and bulky.....just a personal preference really.
I would take an NEF in a minute if I could find one anywhere! You got one you want to sell?

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 pm

ACooper wrote:
I would take an NEF in a minute if I could find one anywhere! You got one you want to sell?
I thought they were discontinued a few years ago, however I do still see them list on the H&R website, maybe try contacting a dealer.
http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/dogrevolvers/nef.asp

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Andy the design for the GunX was taken from the Nef I do believe.I own the GunX but never touched an Alpha.The major difference of the GunX & Nef is the reciever stays attached & the stock is bigger unless you buy the Deluxe Blued Version then the stock is about the same size as the Nef.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:24 pm

ACooper wrote:
Tell ya what ole buddy I will send ya one with the puppy from Jills next litter........

Brigade Brittanys

Post by Brigade Brittanys » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Having owned the NEF and Alpha, Cabelas cheapie and now a GunX, I rate the GunX as superior. I bought the 209 primer model. It is a true double action based on the CHARTER ARMS design, not NEF. Unlike NEF it has a swing out cylinder and ejector with no pins or clips too lose. It is near the same size as the NEF so fits comfortably in the jeans pocket. The double action is very smooth. I bought the first model of the Alpha, nickel pated for .22 blanks and I used low power (brown) nail driver cartridges. It is a well made(Czech) typical double action that has Smith and Wesson K frame size and function, so it is the largest. It is in excellent condition and now for sale.