dog cut out

ward myers

dog cut out

Post by ward myers » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 pm

i am looking for a pattern to use ,to make some plywood dogs ,sort of like the stand up backing dogs , to make signs & a backing dog with .
scotts use to have them but i didnt see them on there web site.
anyone know where i can find one ?
thanks ward

mask

Re: dog cut out

Post by mask » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Try lion country supply. If that wont work get in touch and I will send you a pattern.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:27 am

Remember in elementary school.
We sat in profile a light shown on us then it was traced. You can do that with the dog too. :mrgreen:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:35 am

I just drew the outline of a shorthair on a piece of plywood and cut it out. I'm not particularly artistic, but it turned out fine and the dogs back it. I painted one side white with a few liver spots, and the other side a liver roan just to keep the dog guessing. I put a handle on both sides, and my ten year old daughter would lay in the field behind a hay bale and prop the silhouette up at the appropriate time, which worked great. I've also staked it up in out-of-sight spots where the dog had to come around an obstacle to see it, which worked well. I thought about placing a hinged brace on one side to make it free-standing, but never got around to it.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 am

I saved this thread link, from some time ago. It would be a little bit pricier than DIY drawing and painting, but you'd get an outline to cut and a one-sided paint job for the price.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23971&p=217241&hil ... og#p217241

I made one out of $3 foamboard a week or two ago. I don't think there's any mistaking it, next to the real dog in this photo. :lol: I took someone elses drawing, and put it in a tracer box I have. It turned out a little smaller than I'd wanted and my rattle can paint job is kinda cheesy. We'll see if she believes it. I haven't tried it yet. I'll definitely have to stake it well, or it will be motion activated. :D I still want to make a nicer one on wood, but I was in a rush to make something with what I had on hand--but yet I have yet to use the dog. Go figure!
backing dog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.