Upset with TT, big time!

Stoneface

Upset with TT, big time!

Post by Stoneface » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 pm

When I first bought my Sport Basic it quit connecting and wouldn't put out any stimulation. I sent it off, they fixed it and sent it back. Worked great for awhile, but after a year I started having problems again. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something wasn't right. Finally, the unit, after adding two more receivers, quit working all together beyond about two foot. I sent it in for repair again and ordered a brand new Classic 70 G3 transmitter. They were terrible to communicate with, were rude and every time I told them to charge my card, they didn't. I told them to charge in on a given Friday, the said they would. The following Wednesday rolled around and they hadn't done it yet. This happened about three times. Finally they sent it all back to me! They said they fixed the two that were under warranty, but even with the new transmitter they don't work. I called them on Wednesday, loaded with an arsenal of words I was ready to use that I don't want to repeat on this site. I call up and the tech I get on the phone said it's virtually unheard of and it must be that the batteries aren't charged. I told him I left them on the charger for an entire week. He said they can only catch about fifteen percent of a charge per placing on the charger. So, I have to put it on the charger and, when it indicate's it's full I take it off the charger and put it back on. Do this about five or six time then see if it works. That was several days ago and I've followed all directions and it's still not working. I'm calling back tomorrow, I'm T'd off and we're going to have it out.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Gooseman07

Upset with TT, big time!

Post by Gooseman07 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Not trying to be a smartass but did you try reconnecting the transmitter to the collars? I've heard that happening out of the box. It's an idea. I just purchased a pro500 and used old collars so I had to connect the collars myself. I know it we done correctly. They sometimes get quick I'm sure and throw them in the box. It's worth a shot.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Upset with TT, big time!

Post by PntrRookie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Never had an issue with them in 15 years. Customer service and tech support has been great.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Gooseman07 wrote:Not trying to be a smartass but did you try reconnecting the transmitter to the collars? I've heard that happening out of the box. It's an idea. I just purchased a pro500 and used old collars so I had to connect the collars myself. I know it we done correctly. They sometimes get quick I'm sure and throw them in the box. It's worth a shot.
That was my thought also.....

Go to the Tri-Tronics website and look for the owner's manual, it will outline the process for adding receivers to the transmitter. It looks like the instructions might be unit specific.

cr
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

TT tough as nails and great support when ever I have had a problem.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

blanked

Post by blanked » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:25 pm

I had the same lousy service / performance for my classic 70. Range was only 1\4 mile in line of sight at best. Suppose to be 1 mile. I waited a year thinking the astro was interfering with it and there was nothing that could be done about it. Until I had my wife help me with the range test. No difference which led me to believe it was bad right out of the box. Sent it in to tt and gave them the whole story. They said it needed new batteries. I didn't think that was the problem but agreed to the $135 bill for 2 collars as long as they did a real line of sight test in the field before they send it back. Got it back and it still had only a 1/4 mile range. Sent it back 2 more times, asked for my $135 back and never got it fixed or refunded. Got the same story about charging the battery the op mentioned. Even tried it but no change.

End result from tritonics was I live and do all my hunting in what they call a black hole. An area where the range cannot be achieved.

I now own a sportdog

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

I also had poor service and my TT also dropped in range to less than 10 yards, then 1 of the collars quit. Have a sportdog now and like it. I think TT has gone downhill and is running on reputation from when they USED TO BE the best. One of my new TT bark collars also has issues. Sticks on the flashing "turning on" / "turning off" phase and I have to take out battery to get it to stop.

Gooseman07

Upset with TT, big time!

Post by Gooseman07 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 am

I just bought a pro500 and haven't had a problem with it since buying it, knock on wood. The only time it doesn't send a stimulation is when the operator fails to change the switch from one collar to another! I still haven't figured that one out!

mrtyde

Upset with TT, big time!

Post by mrtyde » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

I am having trouble with my G2 beeper. It needs a new speaker or one of the probes that come off of the bottom of the speaker. They told me they didn't have the parts but I could send it in and they could fix with a $60 labor fee. It would take less than 5 minutes to fix but how can they fix it if they don't have the parts. Something just doesn't sound right to me!

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:06 pm

mrtyde wrote:I am having trouble with my G2 beeper. It needs a new speaker or one of the probes that come off of the bottom of the speaker. They told me they didn't have the parts but I could send it in and they could fix with a $60 labor fee. It would take less than 5 minutes to fix but how can they fix it if they don't have the parts. Something just doesn't sound right to me!
I suspect they will send you a new unit.

I have been using them since the 70's, rarely have needed service, but when I did, it has been great.

I was very happy when Garmin acquired them, but will allow them to operate semi-independently.

TT, Garmin, and Purina are the only products I endorse.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 am

Just got my renewal notice from Spaulding Labs for fly predators, reminding me there is a third product a fully support. If you have even a small fly problem you need to check them out, they work, really well.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am

I've had good service from TT in the past. Haven't had a need in a few years. If you go to the TT site, they have link to their forum. The moderator is a good guy and will help with service issues.