Porcupine Quills - The Quill Jig

THealy

Porcupine Quills - The Quill Jig

Post by THealy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:37 am

I've developed a tool to aid in the removal of Porcupine Quills from a dog's mouth. - The "Quill Jig". I've had great success with it (or one of its earlier iterations) on a variety of dogs..... There are a few dogs that certainly won't tolerate it, however, when used correctly it should be effective for a lot of folks and their dogs...... Feel free to contact me with questions: quilljig@gmail.com... More info is at http://www.quilljig.com/

Thanks - Tom
(Mods----This is my first Post, please let me know if it should be moved or removed as it is promotional in nature....thanks)

displaced_texan

Re: Porcupine Quills - The Quill Jig

Post by displaced_texan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Is it really easier than forceps and a dowel?
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 am

THealy

Do you live in MT.? Do you know Keith? He had a prototype (without the strap) when we were up there for the opener. We could have used it because my girl got a mouth full.

THealy

Post by THealy » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Apologies for the late reply.......... No internet at the hunting shack.

D_T: I've used the "Broomstick and Duct Tape" method for years, and it certainly works. The Quill Jig, however, provides significantly more access as can be seen on the "Using the Quill Jig" link. http://www.quilljig.com/using-the-quill-jig/ Feel free to call or email with questions.

DogMother: Indeed, Keith has one of the earlier prototypes and we put some of the finishing touches on his flight pen last week. If I am putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, congratulations are in order on the success of your Montana Archery Hunt.

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm

That would be me. Thanks!!

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 pm

I can't fault you for being slow to reply while hunting! Just mad that you are already hunting!

I may have to pick one up...
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:31 pm

[quote="THealy"]Apologies for the late reply.......... No internet at the hunting shack.

D_T: I've used the "Broomstick and Duct Tape" method for years, and it certainly works. The Quill Jig, however, provides significantly more access as can be seen on the "Using the Quill Jig" link. http://www.quilljig.com/using-the-quill-jig/

What a beautiful GWP, it looks exactly like mine!!! We found a couple of porkies in one week this fall. Neither of them did a number like on your link to your jig!!!
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA