Pella Bird 'n Lite Upland Strap Vest

Coach529

Pella Bird 'n Lite Upland Strap Vest

Post by Coach529 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:37 pm

I picked up a Pella Bird 'n Lite Upland Strap Vest the other day when I stopped at Cabela's. I finally got a chance this past weekend to get out on a couple good long walks, returning to the truck with a couple birds, giving me a good idea of how well this works.

The first thing I did when I brought this thing home was stick some rubber bands around some of the straps to keep the straps from hanging all over and stick some essentials in it. The small storage area in the back is perfect for a small first aid kit, a extra pair of gloves and cap, with room to spare.

I added a set of 24oz mountain bike water bottles which sit perfectly in the water bottle pockets. I am currently looking a slightly larger bottle that will fit to increase my volume for those long walks.

Once on my back, with the 48oz of water, and a box of shells split between the two front pockets the vest is very comfortable, you hardly notice it is there since almost all the weight is being supported by the hip belt and the rest is supported by a pair of nicely padded shoulder straps.

I got to go on a couple 2-3 miles walks for some roosters this past weekend and have nothing but good things to say about it. 1/2 way through one walk I scored a couple roosters and was able to load up the game bag and see how it worked loaded, much the same it works awesome!!

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and would suggest it to anybody looking for a no-frills strap vest.

http://www.pellaproducts.com/

chad1043

Post by chad1043 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:24 pm

Do you just dump the shells in the pockets or do they have shell loops in the pockets?

Chad

Coach529

Post by Coach529 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 pm

chad1043 wrote:Do you just dump the shells in the pockets or do they have shell loops in the pockets?

Chad
They have shell loops in each pocket.

chad1043

Post by chad1043 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:04 pm

Thanks!

Chad

Terry

Post by Terry » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:22 am

Have vest, with the same "support" system as the strap vest and love it.

chad1043

Post by chad1043 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:09 am

Just ordered mine. I have read a lot of reviews and I think that this vest will be the one.

Thanks,
Chad

chad1043

Sending it back...

Post by chad1043 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:50 pm

Not that I don't like the quality, but I think I will prefer the vest instead.

Chad