GPS wich one

ward myers

GPS wich one

Post by ward myers » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:57 pm

question , im looking at getting a garmin or a sport tek tracking system they r both the same price , wich 1 do you recommend ?

Gooseman07

GPS wich one

Post by Gooseman07 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:31 am

One of my friends just got the garmin alpha and he loves that thing. My dog doesn't get out far enough to justify buying one and also the cover we hunt isn't thick enough. Knowing what TriTronics has put out in the past and now it's being incorporated into garmin, I think that is your best bet!

Carolina Gundogs

Re: GPS wich one

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:42 am

Ward, I believe you can do a search at the top right of the GDF forum screen on this subject. The Garmin allows more detailed mapping of the area you are in if i remember correctly.

I purchased the Garmin Astro a few years back and have never regretted it. I only wished I had stopped wasting money on beepers and purchased a Garmin earlier. I have a good friend with the Garmin Alpha and he loves it as well.

Good Luck,
Timmy Suggs

Waterdogs1

Post by Waterdogs1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Cabelas has a sale now in the bundle for thw Garmin astro 320 and the DC40 collar for 400. I am buying one.
http://cottonwoodretrievers.com/ "Our Passion is Retrievers"

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 pm

If all you want to know is where your dog is the Astro will be fine. If you need the maps and capabilities to track your dogs movements for training purposes the Alpha is the one you will need. I just bought the Alpha last week but haven't really had the chance to use it much yet.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

bmcox86

Post by bmcox86 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 pm

My astro works great. You can get a deal on a used one these days and save a lot of cash instead of buying new.