Garmin Delta Collar

M1Tanker

Garmin Delta Collar

Post by M1Tanker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:40 pm

I'd be interested in any opinions on the Garmin Delta series from this who have owned or used them.

Thanks!

bonasa

Re: Garmin Delta Collar

Post by bonasa » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 pm

The impulses are lighter than the tritronics. It doesn't have a dial to increase or decrease the impulse strength, as this is accomplished from a toggle up and down buttons. Everything is rechargeable but requires several different apparatus to make this possible. Overall I was disappointed in the product including its attributes and craftsmanship.

41magsnub

Post by 41magsnub » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I bought one as a light weight more simple system to compliment my Alpha. The Alpha is a bit clunky for a daily walk IMHO.

Mine is the slightly cheaper one, no bark collar function and less flexibility in the programming.

I like it. In my use, it gets several weeks between recharges with 1hr+ long walks most every day. I very rarely have to nick the dog, mostly I use the beep function. At least for my dog, the collar has no trouble providing enough voltage for a correction. The 2nd lowest setting is just right for my dog.

I agree that if a guy was using the heck out of it and was constantly changing the intensity, the button system would get really annoying. Also running multiple dogs would be harder since you would have to look at the remote to be sure which dog you are on instead of being able to run a classic tri-tronics by feel.

kcbullets

Post by kcbullets » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:28 pm

I was not impressed with mine. Settings were not adequate for my high drive dog. The bark stimulus did not prevent barking either. I sold it after one season.