Franchi Veloce O/U

HOBO

Franchi Veloce O/U

Post by HOBO » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:28 pm

Any one had any experience wit 20 ga O/U of this Franchi light weight 20 ga.

All responses appreciated.

littleking

Post by littleking » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:26 pm

i've used the 28ga... helluva gun.. quick to shoulder

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:36 am

I got the 20 for my lawschool graduation present from my family. Man I like that gun. My grandfather was the primary person to pick out the gun, and he's generally been a Browning man. But he compared the Veloce with the Browning side by side, and noted that the Veloce was every bit the gun of the Browning and more (more scroll work, gold inlays), and a couple hundred dollars cheaper to boot.

26" barrels, three chokes included, single-selectable mechanical trigger system (still get a second shot off even if the first shell misfires for some reason)... and as littleking put it, VERY quick to shoulder.

It's a very accurate gun too. Fit and finish are incredible (at least mine is) and it's a rare occasion that I miss a bird with it if I take a shot.

Clays are another story. :wink: I'll admit to still missing my fair share of those, but that sure ain't the fault of the gun.

Grant also has a Veloce last time I checked. There's a couple posts here in the Guns forum about them, his and mine for sure. Do a quick search and you should be able to find them.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

grant
GDF Junkie

Re: Franchi Veloce O/U

Post by grant » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:19 pm

HOBO wrote:Any one had any experience wit 20 ga O/U of this Franchi light weight 20 ga.

All responses appreciated.
Got one and love it.