Irish Setter Havoc 400 Hunting Boots

windswept

Irish Setter Havoc 400 Hunting Boots

Post by windswept » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:49 pm

I battle on and off with plantar fasciitis and am looking for a new pair of boots.
Considering the Irish Setter Havoc 400's.
Any opinions on these boots or a recommendation for an alternative with great support?

mask

Re: Irish Setter Havoc 400 Hunting Boots

Post by mask » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:14 pm

I have two pair one insulated one not. The pair that are not insulated have lasted two seasons and are going on their third. This pretty much unheard of with the hunting I do. One good season out of a pair would be what I consider good. They were comfortable out of the box and I would recommend them.

mm

Post by mm » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:58 pm

I finally pulled the trigger on these after years of cheap boots. They are great and truly waterproof and very comfortable I love them.
mm

CTPaul

Post by CTPaul » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 am

Just bought a pair of Danner Pronghorns and I find them more comfortable than all my work shoes, sneakers, dress shoes etc. Spent 2 hrs in long wet fields this morning and my feet were bone dry.

Don't have any experience with the Irish Setters but figured I'd share my experience with the Danner.

Elmer

Post by Elmer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

I just bought an uninsulated pair of Havoc 7" WP boots ( http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Setter-Havo ... c+boots+wp ) from Amazon, very happy with them. The say uninsulated but they are lined with a knit Gore-Tex liner and I expect they will be fairly warm late this fall, especially if I keep moving.
If the dogs make you nervous, I can shut you in the back room.