Rocky boots - any good ?

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Rocky boots - any good ?

Post by Trekmoor » Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 am

My boots have finally disintegrated after 10 years of use out dog training. I'd buy another pair of the same make but they are no longer made.....the makers probably went out of business because their boots lasted too long !

I have very wide feet (think flippers) and have been searching for boots with wide fittings. A British company sells "Rocky Bigfoot" boots advertised as being wide fitting but no reviews seem to be available. Since these boots are made in America (I think ?) can anyone tell me if these boots are any good ? The sole does not look very "grippy" to me ?

Are there any other makes of boots that are lightweight, reasonably waterproof and have wide fittings that you could recommend ? If so I will try to find a British company that sells them.

Thanks
Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Rocky boots - any good ?

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:20 am

I have wide feet also and like the Rocky fit. They are reasonably priced, maybe not the greatest footwear but at least you can afford to buy another pair if you wear them out. They have lasted well though.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Sun May 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Thanks Ezzy. I'll contact the shop here.

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

migratesouth

Post by migratesouth » Sun May 03, 2015 12:38 pm

I have the prolight snake boots and have worn them through two deer seasons, an upland season and a turkey season. They've held up well, comfortable in a range of weather conditions and have kept my wide feet dry. I haven't tested the snakeproof part yet (knock on wood)

Ryan
Ripsnorter's Indiana Jones :: http://imgur.com/a/fzQAO

Elmer

Post by Elmer » Sun May 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Don't know anything about those, but I like Red Wing Irish Setter boots, they come in double E (extra wide) in most sizes of most boots. They want a $100 and more, but when my boots are getting broken in well, I start watching for a good sale in the usual places (Amazon, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.) and usually get something for a lot less.
If the dogs make you nervous, I can shut you in the back room.

Kellym

Post by Kellym » Wed May 27, 2015 7:02 am

Elmer wrote:Don't know anything about those, but I like Red Wing Irish Setter boots, they come in double E (extra wide) in most sizes of most boots. They want a $100 and more, but when my boots are getting broken in well, I start watching for a good sale in the usual places (Amazon, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.) and usually get something for a lot less.
I hAve owned several pair of Rocky Boots. Why I bought another after the first is beyond me. Probably because I too have a wide foot and Rockies seem to fit well. I have had more blisters and wet feet with Rocky boots. I now wear Irish Setter. my feet stay dry and don't blister and are super comfortable. I had one pair that leaked, they were a year old but not worn all that much, I called Irish Setter and they sent me a new pair. Great boots great company. Go Irish Setter

migratesouth

Post by migratesouth » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:03 am

Further feedback - This past deer season, the Rocky boots started leaking. They made several cold and wet days in the woods not as fun as it should have. I won't be buying another pair.

- Ryan
Ripsnorter's Indiana Jones :: http://imgur.com/a/fzQAO

zrp

Post by zrp » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

The rockys are in the closet. I wear Irish setter uplanders every day to work, to hunt, to whatever. IMO no comparison. Go Irish setter/ redwing

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Looked all over for wide boots. Ordered several and sent them back. Found Meindl Ultralight sold by Cabelas also. Most comfortable boot ever. Come in size 8 -14 D and EE Only 3.5 lbs. Meindl is renown for their hicking shoes. Pricy $200.00 but I am worth it.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:44 pm

oldbeek wrote:Looked all over for wide boots. Ordered several and sent them back. Found Meindl Ultralight sold by Cabelas also. Most comfortable boot ever. Come in size 8 -14 D and EE Only 3.5 lbs. Meindl is renown for their hicking shoes. Pricy $200.00 but I am worth it.
I wear a triple E and have found Rocky boots to fit quite well. They are a lot better than they were years ago in my mind.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.