Orvis Sling Pack

Gunner2292

Orvis Sling Pack

Post by Gunner2292 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:15 pm

So, I bought an Orvis sling pack, and I am absolutely satisfied with it at this point. I haven't put it through heavy use yet, but its fantastic. It has space for dog bowls, a coat if need be, gloves, extra supplies and it has attachments for water, shells, and a radio/collar transmitter. This thing is awesome. It is also nice because when you are hiking miles upon miles, its a sling pack system so it puts the weigh across your body and doesn't make you as hot as a vest does. I'll do a full blown review here soon. But just wanted to say this is a quality piece of equipment for anyone who wants to get away from using a vest system.

Sako0988

Re: Orvis Sling Pack

Post by Sako0988 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:59 pm

I second that ^I've been out two times with it so far and I don't think I would change anything about.......yet :D

love2hunt

Orvis Sling Pack

Post by love2hunt » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:19 pm

I have an old Mother vest that is very comfortable, but it makes my back so dang sweaty. I'll have to look into this one now.
love2hunt

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Re: Orvis Sling Pack

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:54 pm

I have one and liked it too. It was easier to navigate a grouse woods with it than a vest. However, I went back to a WW vest. It's handier to hang things on and holds birds. The problem with an Orris pack pheasant hunting is that it doesn't hold many birds.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.