Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Garrison

Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Post by Garrison » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Anybody have any experience with this tent? I got some Cabelas gift cards to burn up and was thinking about getting 14' x 10' model and installing a stove jack for a Nuway propane heater. There are some places I like to go that the travel trailer doesn't and easy set up for solo trips is a big plus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

MGIII

Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Post by MGIII » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 pm

I have the 14x10 flex bow tent and love it. Easy to put up, plenty of room inside, and good quality. Don't know if I'd put that big of a stove in it. I just use a mr buddy heater and it warms up quickly. Then again i haven't used it in the dead of winter.

Garrison

Re: Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Post by Garrison » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 pm

I think the small one is close to the same BTU as the buddy heater, and you can turn it down to low. Sleeping with the buddy heater on really scares me, don't want to take a permanent nap. Have you ever used it at elevation I read mixed reviews about it lighting up at altitude?
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

randomnut

Post by randomnut » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 pm

My Flexbow went 4 years and then the canvas started separating around the zipper seams. Fixed that. A year later the roof split along the ridge and I trashed it.

MGIII

Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Post by MGIII » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:52 pm

Garrison wrote:I think the small one is close to the same BTU as the buddy heater, and you can turn it down to low. Sleeping with the buddy heater on really scares me, don't want to take a permanent nap. Have you ever used it at elevation I read mixed reviews about it lighting up at altitude?
Get a carbon monoxide alarm if it scares you. We have used it many times at altitude.

MGIII

Kodiak Flex Bow Tent?

Post by MGIII » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:52 pm

randomnut wrote:My Flexbow went 4 years and then the canvas started separating around the zipper seams. Fixed that. A year later the roof split along the ridge and I trashed it.
That sucks.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:13 am

randomnut wrote:My Flexbow went 4 years and then the canvas started separating around the zipper seams. Fixed that. A year later the roof split along the ridge and I trashed it.
That's no good, did you check on the warranty?
- Mark Twain-