Electronic in or behind ear protection for hunting/shooting

Robbw

Electronic in or behind ear protection for hunting/shooting

Post by Robbw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the in ear or behind the ear protection for hunting or shooting? The devices are expensive so I'm doing some research before I buy. This would be for bird hunting or for shooting on the range. I find the earmuff type to be a pain on the range because I bump them when I mount my gun. I don't presently use any ear protection when hunting. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Timewise65

Re: Electronic in or behind ear protection for hunting/shooting

Post by Timewise65 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm

I tired the walkers game ear and they broke quickly and were always not on warrantee when they broke they also are real expensive. They work ok, but I also lost one, it fell out when I was Turkey hunting and I did not realize it...

This year they came out with a new product, Walkers Razor. Not real expensive at $119, compared to others. They go around the bottom of your neck, like a lose necklace, with a light cord attached to the ear piece. if they fall out, you do not lose them. They are very light and easy to work....I loved these so much I baught both my adult sons one for Christmas.....

Walker's Game Ear® Digital HD X Game Ear I Hated these....
$149.99 - $259.99

Walker's Razor-XV with Bluetooth® I really liked these!
Sale!
$149.99
$119.99 on sale now!

Up North

Post by Up North » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:12 pm

Timewise65 wrote:
Walker's Razor-XV with Bluetooth® I really liked these!
Sale!
$149.99
$119.99 on sale now!

On sale now at Wallmart for $83.88

Robbw

Post by Robbw » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:31 am

Picked one up and it works pretty well. It comes with three sizes of ear plugs that fit on it. All were too big. So I bought Plugfone earplug replacements. They fit way better and supposedly you don't lose much. I'm shooting this weekend so I'll see how they work and report back.