anyone interested in the GPS for dogs

blanked

anyone interested in the GPS for dogs

Post by blanked » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Garmins new GPS for tracking your dog is going on sale next month. sure beats bells and beepers in my book. I hope its reliable being a new device on the market

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:07 pm

I'm really not impressed with it at all. It doesn't beep, so you have to walk through the fields looking at your reciever. No thanks. Now if they'd combine the Lovett's beep on the reciever with the gps, they'd have something.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

blanked

Post by blanked » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:22 am

gonehuntin' wrote:I'm really not impressed with it at all. It doesn't beep, so you have to walk through the fields looking at your reciever. No thanks. Now if they'd combine the Lovett's beep on the reciever with the gps, they'd have something.
i guess to each his own. i cant stand bells and beepers going off non stop during my hunting time. if i cant see the dog work because of thick cover i am not missing anything anyway by looking at a receiver.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:50 am

Test (related to the new Spam Cop feature).

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:42 am

I think it looks like a pretty cool toy and I'd like to try one out to see how it works, but I'm not rushing out to get one anytime soon.

Someone brought up an excellent point on another forum - if the dog is in cover with a heavy tree canopy - what's reception like? I have a Garmin handheld and the thing is awesome when it has a clear view of the sky, but the signal gets weak or is lost altogether under a decent amount of trees. Seems to me that the dog GPS might be least effective in situations where you would need it the most.