Upland pack reviews

stinkbelly

Upland pack reviews

Post by stinkbelly » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:20 am

I am looking at three upland hunting packs. I was wondering if anyone had any info on them. I will have to order it off the internet, so I buy before I can try. They are the Mother Technical Bird Hunting Pack, the Cabelas Light N Load Strap Vest, and the LL Bean Upland Vest/Pack. I heard the LL Bean is a copy off of the Mother. The main thing I want is the ability to put the birds in the pack without dropping them behind me.

stinkbelly

Post by stinkbelly » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:51 am

Well I bought the Cabelas Light N Load strap vest because I found one in the store and could play with it. I think it will work really good. I do have to be careful loading game because it is a back load. I may still look at others because Cabelas has an excellent return policy and it is only 45 minutes from my house.

tfbirddog2

vests?

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:26 am

I guide and have a cabelas lite vest and mothers too, the cabelas will hold more birds, but doesnt have the support the mothers has.I just bought a Pella vest for when it is cool out and plaining to by a vest we sell a the lodge I think is called a Chukar Vest similar to the mothers and camelback strap vest but has more room for birds which is a must doing what I do.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:23 pm

I use the Quilomene Hunting Vest, and love it.
http://www.quilomene.com/