Login

big steve46

Login

Post by big steve46 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Why do I have to login each time I turn on the puter? I do the auto thing etc. :?:
big steve

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:49 pm

I had the same problem at first, and alls I did was close out of the forum and clean up the windows cookies real good. Then I logged back in again. Worked ever since!
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans'
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:38 am

This is a new computer, so why would I need to clean up anything?
big steve

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 am

Anytime you go to any website, they put what they call a cookie on your machine. A browser cookie is a piece of text that a Web site stores on your computer's hard drive. Every time that you visit that Web site, the cookie sends information back to the Web site.

If you are like me, and do ALOT of surfing, it doesnt take long for these files to build up to huge amounts on your computer. They take up space and can also slow down your PC in time.

I actually use several types of cleaners on my computer about once a week.
"To be good, a bird dog must give you goose pimples when he's working a bird." 'George Bird Evans'
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 pm

I still have to log in, and have had to do this since I hooked up the new computer.
big steve

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:29 pm

might be a firewall or some type of automatic cookie cleaner that is set up on the puter
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:56 am

big steve46 wrote:I still have to log in, and have had to do this since I hooked up the new computer.
Did you get the cookies cleaned steve? Can I ask what you used, or how you did it?

Oh I just had another thought to...I wonder if your browser is set to dump them every time you close it.. Check this...go to TOOLS (top of page)Then click on internet options, then the advanced tab....scroll almost all the way down to the security section and see if theres a check mark in the box that says "empty temporary internet files folder, when browser is closed" If there is, uncheck it and click on apply, then ok.

If it was checked, this should solve your problem. :wink:

Shelley
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:17 pm

RoundRiver, I tried what you suggested with no results. I haven't cleaned anything . Why should I need to if it has been this way since it was new 6 wks ago. I don't have this trouble on several other forums.
big steve

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:45 am

Steve did you do what I suggested above? And was there a check in the box to empty the temp files? If theres no check, thats good.

It doesnt matter if its a new computer or an old one, the very first time you go to any website, yer gonna get temp files and cookies on your machine. Even if you only went to one website since you hooked up the computer.

The only way you are gonna fix this is too clean them out. Id send you a cleaner but Im afraid that would only confuse you more. So try this: close out of the forum and go to your home page, or just open Internet explorer. Then go to TOOLS and then click on INTERNET OPTIONS, you should be on the general tab. You see where it says delete cookies and delete files? Heres a pic

Click the delete cookies and then do the delete files. While you are there, also click the CLEAR HISTORY button and set it to zero...like in the picture.
Dont forget to click the APPLY button and then OK when yer done!

Once thats done, reboot your computer, go back to the forum, log in and check the keep me logged in box.
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but if I delete all cookies, will I have to login again on other forums?
big steve

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Probably the first time you go back to them. I can't get into the chat because Vista won't let me open it. I get discussed with some of the stuff you encounter any more.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Yes you will have to re-login on other forums, but they all have the box to check to keep you logged in afterwards. Then after that, you should keep logged in on all of them until you clean again.

Keep in mind though, that its good to clean out all the junk every now and then to keep your computer running smoothly. If you never do it, it will eventually get bogged down with stuff and start to run slow on you.

I have a really good & safe cleaner that I can send you that has an option in it to SAVE the cookies you DO want to keep, and it will only clean the rest of the junk. If you set it to keep the forum ones, you wont have to log in even after you have cleaned the rest of your computer. I dont know if this is something you would be interested in, but if it is I can email it to you. I can help you through the installing and settings, even if I had to call you, I could do that as well lol :lol:
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:39 pm

I will make sure I have all my login info written down and try cleaning it. I'll let you know later.
big steve

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:22 pm

Seems to be ok now. I did what you said, and as I had info on passwords etc on all my forums, I just reprogrammed them. Thanks, and did you ever tell me how close you live to my aunt and uncle in Mt. Pleasant? Remind me.
big steve

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Glad it worked Steve. I was sure it would. You need to do that every couple of months to keep the puter running smooth.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:31 pm

So glad that worked for you Steve!!

Yes, we live just about 20 miles east of MT Pleasant.

Scott says if you're ever passing through, let him know, and he'll meet and have a cup of coffee with you if ya like.
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:52 pm

We hve a farm down by Donnellson so we get near you when we go over. I like the area, just wish there were more pheasants.

Ezzy

RoundRiver Setters

Post by RoundRiver Setters » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Ezzy I am down at Donnellson Speedway every Fri night in the Spring- Fall . I help with the tow trucks. The Pheasant pop is not very good there at all. When I am fishing at Lacy State Park by Keosauque I can hear them and some Quail once in awhile. IAnative on the forum is from there. He still has some property in the area. He has some quail and pheasants on it..........Scott
Scott & Shelley

Heartlands Outlaw Jesse
Stevens Round River Babe
Setter Hills Blue Molly

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:19 pm

I lived in Mo. for a few yrs in the mid 80s. Four of us went to Mt. Pleasant to hunt pheasants in 84. Didn't kill very many as they had just done fall plowing, but we had a good time. We had a camper over a pickup, and we plugged into my aunt's elect in her garage. First morning we went south to skunk river to a cajun settlement and had breakfast. Interesting experience!
big steve