PM's

Don
GDF Junkie

PM's

Post by Don » Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 am

With this new format I can't figure out how to send a PM. Everytime I try I get a no reciepent named message. What am I doing wrong?
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Chaingang

Re: PM's

Post by Chaingang » Thu May 01, 2008 10:59 pm

There are a couple different ways that I see to do it.

1. click on the "PM" box just below the members Avatar and info/location etc. This will bring you to a new screen to compose a message. This would be the correct PM format if you were sending a private message to a member referring to his/her post. Once your message is composed click submit.

2. click on the members name at the top of their post just in front of date and time, or from a member search. This will get you to their profile section. Then click on "Send a private message" which brings you to to where you comprise a message. The difference here is there is no reference to a particular post but rather a general message format. Click "submit" when you have finished and it should go.

How were you attempting to do it Don?

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Fri May 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Thank you. I could not figure out how anyone waqs getting PM's to me. I could reply alright but couldn't send one.

Don
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

BadShot

Post by BadShot » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:31 am

I am also having trouble with this...tried what was just wrote...I have 2 PMs in my outbox, that I can't send. I've hit send reply and submit??? They were both replies to a PM. thanks

BadShot

Post by BadShot » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

I don't know...maybe I did send them? They are showing up in my "outbox" but do say "sent". Confuses me why they would not show up in the "sent" file. I think I better go now and use this computer for what I am being paid to use it for. :cry:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:58 am

PM's in the outbox lets you know that the people have Not read the PM yet
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:04 am

BadShot wrote:I think I better go now and use this computer for what I am being paid to use it for. :cry:
what fun is that? :lol:

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:18 pm

I have two PM's in my out box that i can not get sent out what am I doing wrong? Both are replies.

Thanks
Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:33 pm

The reason those messages are in your out box is because the people you sent them to have not read them yet

as soon as they open them they will no longer show in your out box
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Kninebirddog,

Thanks for the info.

Terry
Terry & Kim Singsank
Sweetsong Shorthairs

Sweetsong's Wildfire Greta
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=160