posting help

bchuckar1

posting help

Post by bchuckar1 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:36 pm

Apparently I need help figuring how to attach pictures to my recent post. Have them saved to a file on my desk top. Any advice? Danny

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: posting help

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:55 pm

There is two ways one when you make your post below the text window there are two tabs one says options the other is upload attachment...click on the upload attachment and click browse to locate the picture

the other is find a web host based program ..like http://www.photobucket.com download you pictures to there then you can use the links they provide to post them here with a [img] the url link to picture [ /img] but photobucket will have the entire message board link for you to copy and paste

hope that helps
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:05 pm

I never tried to post a picture,but that sounds simple I will be looking for a reason to try. :D

bchuckar1

Post by bchuckar1 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:25 am

program says attachment is too big. must be less than 256 kb. Surely one picture isn't too big?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:34 am

oh yes a picture taken in full is huge

email me the pic kninebirddog@gmail.com and I will resize it for you

or get an account with http://www.photobucket.com it is free and then you'll be able to post not sure what programs you ahve on your computer to resize your pics
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

shepherdtrav

Post by shepherdtrav » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:54 pm

how do you make picture smaller, beacuse mine says there to big as well

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:41 pm

shepherdtrav wrote:how do you make picture smaller, beacuse mine says there to big as well
You use photo editing software. Your PC may have come with something or you can download Paint.net or GIMP.

Greg J.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Picasa from google should work:

http://picasa.google.com/