Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

field mice

field mice

Postby fatboyoutdoors » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Ok...I know...crazy...But...I am new to this game. Have a 14 month old GSP that was a rescue dog. He is a great dog in the field..points well and works fine. But points ever field mouse in the dang world. I mean flat out points. I can't tell it is a mouse until he pounces as I walk up to flush... Ideas?
fatboyoutdoors

Re: field mice

Postby gittrdonebritts » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Have you heard of snake breaking ? same concept i had a brittany that did the same thing an e-collar is a wonderful tool but use it wisely
gittrdonebritts

Re: field mice

Postby Iowa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:34 pm

fatboyoutdoors wrote:Ok...I know...crazy...But...I am new to this game. Have a 14 month old GSP that was a rescue dog. He is a great dog in the field..points well and works fine. But points ever field mouse in the dang world. I mean flat out points. I can't tell it is a mouse until he pounces as I walk up to flush... Ideas?

My V did this. She seemed to grow out of it. I agree it was frustrating, think she was on a bird. How many times has he been on birds?
Iowa

Return to Help: Member Support