Help finding my dog

Cindy

Help finding my dog

Post by Cindy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 am

Yesterday , Saturday at about 11:00AM my Cairn Terrier, Sari got away form me and ran into the woods to chase 2 deer in Rosendale NY. The dog warden and I were able to track them for a while but then lost their trail I am worried because she still has her leash on. I aM AFRAID SHE MAY HAVE GOTTEN HUNG UP ON HER LEACH. I thought mabye a hunting dog in the area might be better able to track her IF i GAVE THEM SOMETHING WITH HER SMELL ON IT. She ran into an uninhabited area so I don't think she will be spotted by others. Can anyone help me or give me an idea of where to go from here. It is Sunday morning 10:ooAM Cindy Marschke

Brittguy

Re: Help finding my dog

Post by Brittguy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Leave something with familiar smells at the place where she left you. Keep going back to check if she is there. This actually worked once for my dad.He left a dog crate there and went back that night his dog was in the crate.You do have a problem that someone will come along and think they found something so maybe leave a note with the object. It is a problem that she is dragging a leash so I would keep walking the area. Sometimes when they are will not bark when stuck. If this is a rural area check with the local mail carrier and school but drivers.

Cindy

Re: Help finding my dog

Post by Cindy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Thank you for your help I will put something there for Her Mabye her dog bed