What dog is it ??

GeorgeCy

What dog is it ??

Post by GeorgeCy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam,

My name is George and I am from Cyprus. I like hunting and I had a dog which now is dead. She was to old.

I would like a new puppy from this dog but I don't know what race was because she was mixed of races.

I hope you can help me with this to find the right race:
- She has the special characteristic, something different from other dogs. When she fill a rabbit or a bird she do a cicle around that and she push with this active the bird to me.. So, this was useful to catch it.

I apologize for my english and I hope to match this with a dog.

King Regards
George Georgiou

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Re: What dog is it ??

Post by BigShooter » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I will attempt to re-write what was written by George Georgiou from Cyprus:

"My dog died of old age. She was a mixed breed animal. She hunted in a special way. When she found a rabbit or a bird, she would circle around and herd the rabbit or bird towards me. This helped me get it. I want to get a new puppy. Are there breeds or lines of dogs known to hunt this way?"
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

tn red

Post by tn red » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi George,
Do you have a picture of your dog? I would like to see her. What kind of birds do you have in Cypress?

GeorgeCy

Post by GeorgeCy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:04 am

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you BigShooter for the re-write of my bad english written text.

I have a picture only when she was puppy. However, I can discripe some of her characteristics.

- she had a medium nose
- Small ears
- her back was shorter than her chest ( I mean like german shepherd for example )
- her eyes was different than other gun dogs. They look like smarter, they lock you, something like german shepherd.
- her color was dark brown and she had a white line on her chest and her finger was white too.
- her back feed was thiner than the front feed.

I dont know if you need more details.

In cyprus we have:
- partridges,
- farsa(in greek) it looks like pigeon but is green with a cicle on its neck.
- few ducks
- and some bird of passage. Cyprus is in the mediterranean sea and has a good weather. So, it is a good station for them.