GSP running away

Laura142

GSP running away

Post by Laura142 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I have a GSP who has just turned one, this is her first bird season. She works really well and listens to commands then will just take off. Sometimes after a little bird, butterfly's, and whatever else is good at the time. It seems to be when she is further out that she blows me off, I have never used an e-collar and not sure if this would be a good time to invest in one. I was hoping someone would have some good advise.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: GSP running away

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 pm

one thing about the e collar it can help PROVIDED that the dog knows the commands

The E Collar is a way to reinforce Known commands...

so you begin back to basics teaching cues and then over lay the collar using the lowest levels a dog will respond to..sometimes it will mean to up the level and then go back down

here is a link to a method I use to teaching the cues from an e collar Understanding the E collar
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.