Can't find this thread/post. Please help!

SubMariner

Can't find this thread/post. Please help!

Post by SubMariner » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

A little while back someone posted an excellent "how to" make your own silhouette/backing dog. But try as I might, I just don't seem to be able to put in the right search parameters to find it.

If the person who posted it could put up the link... or anyone else who knows where it is, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, all!
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: Can't find this thread/post. Please help!

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm

From Grange...My father traced his dog's outline then attached the cut-out to two spring hinges (attached at the front and back feet of the cut-out). He then attached the spring hinges to a simple 2x4 "frame" and used a hook from the otherside of the frame to hold down the cut-out by an eyelet attached to by its head. The hook is attatched to a string so when he brings his dog into view either he or someone else will pull the string and the backing dog will pop up. This is a much more ecomonical way than the a $500 electronic backing dog though you do lose some convenience.

From Fishvik...Just get a picture of your dog on point and then grid it.(Break up the photo into squares, 1/8 or 1/4 inch squares should do ) Then measure your dog in inches and compare it to the photo. If your dog measures 36 inches from front to rear and on the photo it takes up 6- 1/4 squares from front to back thenEach 1/4 square on the photo represents 6 inches in real life. So layout a six inch squares size grid on plywood and copy your dogs silloutte from the photo onto the plywood.

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... silhouette