SUGGESTION: Training section ask the pros.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

SUGGESTION: Training section ask the pros.

Post by ACooper » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am

Can we get a section added to or maybe in lieu of the our current training section? IMO A new dog owner asks questions, and gets a TON of feed back much of which may or may not be from the most credible sources. Seems to clutter up threads pretty quick.

I also think it would encourage some of the not so new members who have training questions to ask on issues that maybe they haven't seen before or an especially tough situation but don't want to wade through all the junk trying to find an answer. Further I would assume the pros would offer up advice more freely if they weren't having to defend a tip or stance on a training technique from people who have little or no experience.

Just like the for sale section, the question would have to be reviewed by the mods, then only the selected pros would have access to freely post.

Just my opinion, we have several resident pros here, and non pros who have been doing it and breaking and testing there own dogs for years. We need to make better use of them! :D

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: SUGGESTION: Training section ask the pros.

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 am

To be honest the way it is now I feel is better ...When you label something ask the pro ...on some other boards I been on those sections get very little action one if a person does ask one person may have a very good reply but do not view themselves as a pro so they don't answer and then yo get some pro's who feel their answer is the only way and then it becomes a debate between two methods and thoughts or if you put one IE pro in charge of it yo chase off other pros because now the board becomes this one pros board

good in theory but I personally think simpler is better for all invovled
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 am

I think people should use the personal messaging function if they wish to exchange in depth information with specific individuals.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am

Cajun Casey wrote:I think people should use the personal messaging function if they wish to exchange in depth information with specific individuals.
Only thing about that is Then everyone gets to miss great information :(
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 pm

kninebirddog wrote:
Cajun Casey wrote:I think people should use the personal messaging function if they wish to exchange in depth information with specific individuals.
Only thing about that is Then everyone gets to miss great information :(

That was my thought.

kacuina

Post by kacuina » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 pm

We need to make better use of them! :D...

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:34 am

I agree with acooper. Just cus ur labeled a pro dosnt mean ur creditable.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:34 am

Hattrick wrote:I agree with acooper. Just cus ur labeled a pro dosnt mean ur creditable.
+3. And what would be the purpose of having a public forum if everything was done by PM. Can't think of a quicker way to to kill the forum.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.