help

bklyn hunter

help

Post by bklyn hunter » Mon May 28, 2007 6:53 am

ok i think my dog has a problem i started to notice that she is loosing hair
i saw a small spot on her back,one on her side of her leg i thought it was her biting her self but she can't reach her center of her back.and she is 3 months and weighs 25 lbs using nutro lamb and rice.i need to find out.what is some better food for her money is not an option when it comes to her and getting the right food and care

bobman

Post by bobman » Mon May 28, 2007 7:56 am

if you think its food related then chiken and rice is something you could try a vet on UJ once commented that lamb has a greater possibility of allergic reaction.

I feed purina one lamb and rice but have considered going to chicken, a couple of my older dogs have some skin irritation.

If money is no object your first stop should be a good vet though
currently two shorthairs, four english pointers, one Brittany, one SPRINGER a chihuahua and a min pin lol

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:07 am

Find what is causing the problem before trying to solve it! Chances of it being food related is slim at this point if you haven't recently changed foods. A trip to the vet is what you need now.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

bklyn hunter

Post by bklyn hunter » Mon May 28, 2007 9:22 am

ok then i might have to do that

madonna

Demodikose

Post by madonna » Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 am

in this age it may be Demodikose! it is a mite disease and it is genetically. with good treatment it can be healed ! greetings!
The woman, who plays with the pups

bklyn hunter

Post by bklyn hunter » Wed May 30, 2007 7:13 am

well ifound out what she has it's called demodex mites gave me some cream to try for now and in a week he wants to see her if gets worse then she is going to get a med dip and a shot every other week.i guess no toys for a while

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Wed May 30, 2007 10:06 am

bklyn hunter wrote:well ifound out what she has it's called demodex mites gave me some cream to try for now and in a week he wants to see her if gets worse then she is going to get a med dip and a shot every other week.i guess no toys for a while
I would watch her closely. This same thing happened to me about a year ago. My vet (now ex-vet) never even tested for demodectic mange and was set on food allergies. After a month or so on the wrong meds, prescription dog food, and a steroid shot that killed her immune system I had a mess....she had lost hair from her chin to her chest and her neck was one big abscess. I went to a new vet and she gave me some Ivomectrin and it cleared it up very quickly and her hair has grown back nicely. I said all that to say this...from my experience (probably a not so typical one), this disease can progress very quickly, so keep an eye on her! Good luck!