Tessa

Champ

Tessa

Post by Champ » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:55 pm

I am new on this forum, and just saw this category and thought it would be fitting to write a tribute to my wonderful hunting companion Tessa. Tess was a GWP and was the birdiest most hard charging gun dog I had owned to that point. Her range was far and at first it frustrated me but now I look back and cannot put into words how much I admire it. She was a bird finding machine. I lost her from two ACL surgeries and arthritic knees. Putting her down tore me apart and it will take a long time for me to get over it if I ever do. I truly miss her and like others have said they just don't live long enough.. For everyone who has lost their hunting companion they know there is no pain like this. She was my best friend and her collar will hang on my mirror and go hunting with me for the rest of my life................

pear

Re: Tessa

Post by pear » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 pm

Champ, many of us understand the feeling. Welcome and enjoy GDF. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:17 pm

My dog is named Tessa too.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Dennmor

Post by Dennmor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:16 pm

On one of the hunting dog series on T.V. A guy spent a season training his pup. The pups name is Yella, I'm sure many know of this show.
Anyway at the end,as he and the dog walk off, he says to the dog, "C'mon Yella let's go make some memories, we don't have that much time..."
That line always gets to me.
Even more so right now with my 10 mo. Munsterlander lying on the floor next to me.

We really don't have that much time do we.

Bless us all, and all our dogs too.
Merry Christmas everyone,
Dennmor
Rather hunt without a gun than without a dog!

Image Image Image