In Memory of Dallas

cgbirddogs

In Memory of Dallas

Post by cgbirddogs » Fri May 08, 2009 10:17 am

Good Girl Dallas, GSP age 16, has gone on to Glory. Dallas was a once in a lifetime bird dog owned by my best friend Eddie Rodriguez. I have always loved both Shorthairs and Pointers, but I have never hunted over a better bird dog in my life than Dallas. Dallas was Eddie's first bird dog, he purchased her from Mike Okamora who I believe is from Idaho. She was linebred Western Pride through KC Moen's Express.

Dallas never had a bad season. She found wild birds in this hot desert from 6 months of age, and never looked back. She ran big and her nose was true. Although I know she can back, I probably seen her back 5 times her entire hunting career. She MADE other dogs back. She found birds with class from as far west as California and far east to New Mexico. She stuck Mearns in Patagonia and pinned Hungarian Partridge all over Montana. She owned chukar and gambel's quail all over Nevada. She could run too. Man this dog could run! She even played the games for a minute, winning several first and second places in NSTRA competition in the Arizona Region.

Eddie texted me yesterday (too emotional to talk) to let me know they had to put her down. Cancer ate her up. We are going to miss Dallas. Her excellence in the field kept me in search of that perfect bird dog, because she was certainly one.

Kiki's Mom

Re: In Memory of Dallas

Post by Kiki's Mom » Fri May 08, 2009 9:13 pm

A beautiful tribute. RIP Dallas.

megschristina

Re: In Memory of Dallas

Post by megschristina » Tue May 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Sleep Well, Dallas.
The reason a dog has so many friends, is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Jill's Pedigree- http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2120