Chairman ofthe Board: 2/16/98 - 11/8/09

cgbirddogs

Chairman ofthe Board: 2/16/98 - 11/8/09

Post by cgbirddogs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:37 am

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I announce the passing of my beloved Chairman ofthe Board. Chairman passed yesterday after suffering what is believed to be a massive stroke. Those of you who know me have undoubtedly heard me brag incessantly about what a wonderful bird dog Chairman is. Of course, I am kennel blind, but I can truly say I have never hunted over a more complete bird dog in my days. Chairman had everything that I wanted in a pointing dog and more. He found birds on hot days from the brush country of South Texas all the way to the high desert of California and everywhere in between. A big dog, Chairman ran and hunted with the endurance of a flyweight boxer. He simply had no quit in him, and he passed this trait along to his get.

To the very end, Chairman was a joy to be around and hunt over. I am so glad that I took him with me on his final Mearn's trip in January of this year. He did not disappoint. Old and decrepit some might say, but Chairman was finding coveys to the very end. I last hunted over Chairman three weeks ago down in our favorite spot in Golden Valley, AZ. I brought younger dogs with me, but it was Chairman who stole the show with 4 nice finds in 20 minutes down on the ground. What a showoff. I'm glad we had our camera with us, because as time passes it will help me recall what a wonderful dog he was to the very end.

I'd like to thank Dr. David Calcagni for allowing me the priviledge of buying Chairman. I'd also like to thank trainers Jarrett Thompson and Sheldon Twer for Chairman's early development.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Chairman ofthe Board: 2/16/98 - 11/8/09

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:48 am

Ah man sorry to hear that! I followed that thread you started 3 weeks ago about the hunt and Chairman still getting it done. Sorry to hear that.

Chip

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Clarence sorry to hear about your beloved companion & bird hunting buddy.We all can tell how special he was to you by the way you have talked of him.It's always tough to loose one but that special one REALLY HURTS.You will always have those special memories to keep him alive in your heart!!My deepest sympaties out to you. :(

markerdown

Post by markerdown » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Clarence, so sorry to hear of your loss. It tough when they go, and by far, a stroke is horrendous. Hang in there, cherish the memories...... prayers......................mark
Live simply Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Hug your GSP often
Leave the rest to God.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:33 pm

A tough loss for sure but the bright side is the years you had together and the experiences that will never be forgotten.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:46 pm

My condolences.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Elroy's Bandit