R.I.P. Big Boyz Snake Bite Sammy

tfbirddog2

R.I.P. Big Boyz Snake Bite Sammy

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 pm

June 3, of 2003 a shorthair was born in Oklahoma, and wound up, in my heart forever. When she was five months my friend bought two shorthairs from a guy down on his luck.When I saw her for the first time I fell in love with her personality, it just struck a nerve with me nd never left. A few months later I was given the chance to have her if I wanted her. So my friend wanted to show me how she worked, and try his new .410 pistol, so we went for a quial hunt, right off the bat I was happy with what I was going to be taking home. The highlight was I shot and killed three quail over her with that gun, and sealed the deal!! When she met the famliy everyone took to her and she to them, but I never met a person that didnt love her! After two awesomeseasons with her, I was having some interrest for pups from her, in the summer of 06 she had her first and only litter. All pups were healthy and have turned out awesome, all having her great quailities shining from her and the stud! Sammy was a dog that stole your heart away with her sweet, gentle disposition. When my youngest daughter would stumble around the backyard as a toddler, if Sammy thought she was getting to close to something or could get hurt, she would corrall her from getting hurt or getting near something she shouldnt. She mothered any dog that was younger than her, she was just a gentle girl.I wont even start on stories of her hunting and guiding days that would go on for days! On March 31st I had to put my friend and hunting partner down do to a mast on her splein, it was a tought day and a couple after too. i saw her fight though so many injuries, but this one took her, and she didnt have a chance.Even as the vet was giving her the shots to put her out of her misery she was still worried about me and was trying to take care of me, in her sweet way, even in major pain. Sammy still lives on with me and always will, her first grandpup, was born this past October and is showing the same heart as she did.R.I.P. Sammy
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

rkappes

Re: R.I.P. Big Boyz Snake Bite Sammy

Post by rkappes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 am

Sorry for your loss. Never easy. Sounds like she was a wonderful companion.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

Sorry for your loss.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:44 am

Sorry for your loss I know there is no hurt like it just try to remember the good times you enjoyed together. :cry:

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:07 pm

Thank you, all for your thoughts, I have done a lot of think about the good times with her! Last Friday, the day after, I picked up my 8 old daughter from school, when she got in the pickup, she started showing me pictures she had drawn in school, then she paused and said"Daddy I drew one for you too".The picture was of Sammy bring me a bird to me, I had to be strong for a minute and suck it up, but, she knows how much the dogs mean to our family, it was a truly touching moment for me.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:44 pm

It sounds like Sammy was given on heck of home. My condolences for your loss. I hope that your memories help to carry you through.

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks Birddog 67, they are done lots of reflecting on her and our good times afield with her and her partners.

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Sorry for your loss....it is never easy!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"