Eight years ago...

Stoneface

Eight years ago...

Post by Stoneface » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Eight years ago, at the exact moment I'm writing this, I was finishing up the last obedience practice with my dog, Maysha. She was undoubtedly the best dog a boy ever had. It was like God tailor made her for me. I was tired that day and hit the sack about four hours after we finished our routine. Maysha curled up right against my chest, as usual, and I went to sleep with my arms wrapped around her. The next thing I remember was waking up at the very, very first signs of daylight to my dad yelling, "Rowdy, get up, we've got a fire." Without going into too much detail, Maysha and two rescue dogs became frightened and hid under the bed where the firemen found them all, together, after the fire was extinguished.

I only have one photo of her left, but she was the best dog I've ever had and I'm not sure there's any chance to have another one even close.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

SHORTFAT

Re: Eight years ago...

Post by SHORTFAT » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:45 am

Very sad. You never forget the "Special" ones... Remember her fondly and have a very Merry Christmas!
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln