Happiness Personified 11/16/01-8/8/12

hpvizslas

Happiness Personified 11/16/01-8/8/12

Post by hpvizslas » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 am

Happiness Personified was a fitting name. This was not the only name that she was called, most commonly she was known as Sienna. Angel was her first name before we got her, Battery Butt was another moniker, and that is what she had. This dog never stopped moving, she was always happy to see you, no matter who you were. She would grab a toy and with her whine-growl, ask you to play. Sienna was my first true dog as an adult. Missy gave her to me as a Valentine ’s Day gift in 2002. When we went to pick her out, she picked me out by peeing on my leg. This twelve week old puppy had marked me as hers. She opened up a whole world of enjoyment for Missy and I and some disappointment. This dog slept in our bed and lives on in our hearts.
I have so many memories of this dog. Sienna opened the world of dog activities for us and was such a good ambassador of the Vizsla breeds personality that she also opened the door to other Vizsla owners. Sienna was my very first hunting dog and while I was supposed to train her, she trained me in more ways than I could imagine. The joys of following a dog intent on finding birds and having a good time is something that everyone in this world should experience once.
I remember the first time that Sienna fetched me a pheasant; after I had already written her off in the retrieving department (you should have seen the joy on both of our faces). I remember the time that she retrieved a quail from over 300 yards away, after she had written me off in the marksmanship department.
Hunt tests, field trials, camping trips, shopping trips, vacations, blizzards and road trips, she experienced it all. Sienna traveled more miles than most people do and would sleep through the trip ready for whatever excitement lied ahead. She chased partridges in Montana, prairie chickens, pheasants and quail in Nebraska, rabbits and quail in Missouri and Tennessee. She saw the ocean in Florida and Georgia, went wild in Alabama, loved the fields of South Dakota, topped Pike’s Peak in Colorado, was bored by the flatness of Kansas, hunted the reclaimed coal fields of Kentucky, and saw many places in between. She was the first “friend” to my daughters, taught a few puppies how to behave and taught us all that there is happiness in all that you do.
She had fun in whatever she did and truly was Happiness Personified. She touched many lives and I am thankful that we were able to call her our own. Rest in peace my Sienna.

deseeker

Re: Happiness Personified 11/16/01-8/8/12

Post by deseeker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:48 am

Sorry about your loss :(

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:02 am

May all the wonderful memories made during her life carry you through this dark time now. So sorry for your loss.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:06 am

Very sorry... :(
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:38 am

Much love to you and yours, connections like that are when you really feel like you lose a family member. It must have been amazing though for her to have been to and experienced all of those fun and amazing things!

Corry