Tekoa Mtn. Patriot

Gertie

Tekoa Mtn. Patriot

Post by Gertie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:24 pm

I don't know how many folks on here have Patriot pups but he was a fantastic dog. I only got to see him run once but it was the tipping point in my decision to get a setter. Patriot passed away this morning. Here is the post Mardell put on her Facebook page. She couldn't have said it better.

"5X CH Tekoa Mountain Patriot 01-04-2000 through 06-14-2014

Patriot, a “Once-in-a-Lifetime” kind of dog that set his own pace, demanded a high level of performance, was always ready for a good time and knew all the many levels of; being a grand sire/progenitor, hunting by foot or horseback, All Age field trialing. Patriot was a Worldly Master of desire and strength in the field. None compare to the overall combination of the supreme style & excellence of Tekoa Mountain Patriot’s performing abilities. Truly a “gifted” individual that will be greatly missed, yet not forgotten, for his puppies will live on because of the wonders of frozen semen. Research his progeny and understand that his time here was “genius” and well spent.
God Bless the dogs in the field, for those that run with heart and purpose shall run forever!"

Rest in Peace.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'