Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby JonBailey » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

https://www.petition2congress.com/ct...omments/page/2

Please pass it on.

In 1934, congress passed the federal firearms act, restricting so-called destructive devices. In 1968, the Gun Control Act of 1968, put even more UNCONSTITUTIONAL gun control up, making it illegal to own guns which aren't sporting. The purpose of the constitution is not for sporting, but as the last resort to keep tyranny out of the U.S government. In 1986, on the Gun Owner's Privacy act, there was a Hugh's amendment making it illegal to own automatic weaponry made after 1986. Everyone of these acts are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, because the 2nd amendment's last words are 'shall not be infringed'.

In all the acts and years stated above, there was either a Democrat President or an ex-Democrat President in office at the respective time. Ronald Reagan was perhaps the first RINO in American politics history. I did vote for Reagan in 1984 but I am not happy about his track record on gun rights.


Someone from New Port Richey, FL writes:

The 1968 gun control act was passed by very corrupt politicians like Lyndon B. Johnson. Aside from all the mis-appropriated power and deceit, it was not right to pass in the first place. We all know this. It's a matter of admitting it.


Someone from Appleton, WI writes:

There were felons when our forefathers wrote the constitution. When you paid your debt to society ALL INALIENABLE RIGHTS SHOULD BE RESTORED!
User avatar
JonBailey
Rank: Senior Hunter
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Location: Boise, ID

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby cjhills » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 am

There is more to the second amendment. "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state," What does that mean?...………………….Cj
cjhills
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby ezzy333 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

the short answer is it means that since a well regulated militia is needed occasionally we need our citizens armed and trained to shoot when or if they are called to protect our country and ourselves. We would be of little use if none of us were ready to serve without months or years of training to do anything if there is an immediate need. And of course back in that day the government was not capable of supplying the guns or training on a short term emergency.


Ezzy
User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 16600
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:26 am

cjhills wrote:There is more to the second amendment. "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state," What does that mean?...………………….Cj


That portion is just a prefatory clause to explain purpose. There have been supreme court rulings on this. The prefatory clause explains purpose but it does not limit or expand the operative clause.

The operative clause is: "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." That is the portion that protects the rights of individuals.

So back to your question of what does that mean? Well it explains the purpose of the right. But the militia in the back at the time of the composition of the Bill of Rights was not the army or navy or any branch of the uniformed services. It was the people of the country (to be specific it was able-bodied men). The authors recognized that to be a free people, a free nation, with God given freedoms, we must protect ourselves from those who wish to remove those freedoms (such as the government). Also, "well-regulated" at the time did not mean what it does today. It does not mean regulations or laws or rules. At the time the phrase meant something in regular working order or in good order. So basically, in today's language, 2A says, "The armed citizens of the USA, in good working order, being neccesary to protect freedoms, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby cjhills » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:12 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
cjhills wrote:There is more to the second amendment. "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state," What does that mean?...………………….Cj


That portion is just a prefatory clause to explain purpose. There have been supreme court rulings on this. The prefatory clause explains purpose but it does not limit or expand the operative clause.

The operative clause is: "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." That is the portion that protects the rights of individuals.

So back to your question of what does that mean? Well it explains the purpose of the right. But the militia in the back at the time of the composition of the Bill of Rights was not the army or navy or any branch of the uniformed services. It was the people of the country (to be specific it was able-bodied men). The authors recognized that to be a free people, a free nation, with God given freedoms, we must protect ourselves from those who wish to remove those freedoms (such as the government). Also, "well-regulated" at the time did not mean what it does today. It does not mean regulations or laws or rules. At the time the phrase meant something in regular working order or in good order. So basically, in today's language, 2A says, "The armed citizens of the USA, in good working order, being neccesary to protect freedoms, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Both you and Ezzy are just giving your opinions. You must Have Forgot the IIMO. Unless you are a Supreme Court Justice it means less than nothing. I am pretty sure god did not give us the right to own guns. If it was that simple why don't the Justices Agree on every thing ...........Cj

I
cjhills
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:42 am

cjhills wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:
cjhills wrote:There is more to the second amendment. "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state," What does that mean?...………………….Cj


That portion is just a prefatory clause to explain purpose. There have been supreme court rulings on this. The prefatory clause explains purpose but it does not limit or expand the operative clause.

The operative clause is: "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." That is the portion that protects the rights of individuals.

So back to your question of what does that mean? Well it explains the purpose of the right. But the militia in the back at the time of the composition of the Bill of Rights was not the army or navy or any branch of the uniformed services. It was the people of the country (to be specific it was able-bodied men). The authors recognized that to be a free people, a free nation, with God given freedoms, we must protect ourselves from those who wish to remove those freedoms (such as the government). Also, "well-regulated" at the time did not mean what it does today. It does not mean regulations or laws or rules. At the time the phrase meant something in regular working order or in good order. So basically, in today's language, 2A says, "The armed citizens of the USA, in good working order, being neccesary to protect freedoms, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Both you and Ezzy are just giving your opinions. You must Have Forgot the IIMO. Unless you are a Supreme Court Justice it means less than nothing. I am pretty sure god did not give us the right to own guns. If it was that simple why don't the Justices Agree on every thing ...........Cj

I


It’s not my opinion. You can look into the Supreme Court rulings regarding these things. If you’re actually curious you’ll look. If you really don’t care you won’t look.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby cjhills » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:32 am

Been there.
Do all Supreme Court Justices agree on the interpretation of the second amendment? Do they ever agree? Are the Justices who have a different opinion than yours wrong? Do you always agree with the Supreme Courts opinion?
Do you think The Native Americans should have the right to net walleyes in Mille Lacs lake during the spawn,because of an outdated and foolish treaty. The supreme court did 5 to 4. I was there for that one. Two judges slept through the whole thing. Do you think once the Supreme Court makes a decision, it should be written in stone. If not, why should they be wrong the first time and get it right the second time and should the laws change every time political makeup of the supreme court changes?
The meaning of the word "people" is a major debate when trying to interpret the meaning second amendment.
I can't find any basis for packing a gun being a god given right. I do see where using to kill somebody is not a god given right.............Cj
cjhills
GDF Junkie
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.

Postby mnaj_springer » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:35 pm

I don’t also agree with every Justice, but when they have a majority ruling it is legally binding. So I guess that’s that. And bringing Mille Lacs into the conversation is like comparing apples to plastic chairs. Not even in the same ball park.
mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota


Return to Legislation & Hunting Rights

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

| Pedigrees

THIS POST : Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control. brought to you by Gun Dog Supply: Dog Training Collars & Hunting Dog Supplies

Click here to tweet this post

  • NOT logged in
  • Here is a thread to a petition to REPEAL gun control.
  • ./viewtopic.php?f=95&t=53124&start=0&sid=13acc641f9f794898fac88b63fa8627d