VP Thread

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

VP Thread

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm

Why did you lock the VP thread Ayers? I completely disagree with you on this one, we are arguably in one of the most debated presidential race in American History, and you want to lock it, and the topic started out with a VP who is a NRA member and hunter? Your wrong in my eyes moderators, as most of us here are avid hunters, sportsmen and women, conservationists, and outdoorsmen and women, and as this political race escalades it is an important subject matter, if the people on this forum cannot keep things respectful and agree to disagree then lock then them from the thread. [edited - not allowed on our forum]
RESPECTFULLY,
CHIP DENHAM

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: VP Thread

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 am

I AGREE with Chip. I understand that Ayers felt that the Legislation/Hunting Rights thread is for actual legislation that is out there for us to take action on...BUT I think you are splitting hairs to say that VP thread was not applicable for that. [edited - discussion not allowed on GDF] JMO. Where should it be put if not here? I think if it was put on the "General Chat" area you/we would receive more flack.

BTW Chip thank you and ALL the vets or current enlistees for your service. You ALL make me proud!

muckmuck

Post by muckmuck » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:24 pm

I disagree with allowing these types of discussions on this board. An argument about national political leaders and their pandering to special interest groups is going to do nothing other than polarize a wonderful group of people. The way the moderators handled this latest issue is spot on in my opinion. We all love our dogs and this forum is a great place to come and share our knowledge, our pride, and sometimes our sorrows without the the rest of the world intruding.

Thanks, Max

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:28 am

Guys, we allowed this forum specifically for legislation and hunting rights issues. This is NOT a politics forum. If you want to discuss politics, there are plenty of other forums out there for that issue. This issue has been discussed at length prior to this particular forum even being created. You're free to disagree all you want, but you're not free to post about politics outside a discussion on legislation regarding hunting rights.

These discussions will not go here, they will not go in the General Chat forum, and they will not go anywhere else on GDF. That's the hard line rule we've taken and stood by. Anyone reading this can consider it a warning. Hopefully I've been clear enough that we don't have to debate this further.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux