Hotpepper

Gun Control

Post by Hotpepper » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm

H E R E I T C O M E S !!!

GET THIS OUT!

Subject: Here it comes...

Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 9:02 PM

HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009
Please send this to everybody on your list... this is Obama guncontrol by secrecy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

..It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
http://www.opencong ress.org/ bill/111- h45/text

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the wordalong.

FAILURE TO DO SO AT YOUR PERIL!

Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning.

He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action".

Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

The Second Amendment... .America's original homeland security
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

briarpatch

Re: Gun Control

Post by briarpatch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Most of these are already and have been the laws in NJ for years

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: and shotgun in Nj
..It is registered ---already the law in NJ
.You are fingerprinted --already the law in NJ
.You supply a current Driver's License --already the law in NJ
.You supply your Social Security # --already the law in NJ
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing --never heard of that one here in NJ but wouldnt be surprised if its in the law here somewhere..and if you get into a simple argument with your misses and she files domestic violence charges against you the first thing they do is take all your guns and it aint fast or easy to get them back even after being found not guilty
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25---been the law here for years as of yet they dont charge or do a renewed crimal check for a transfer but many gunshops have been saying for years soon we will have to pay for a new criminal background check before a transfer
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
not sure what the penalties here are for breaking the law here

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. this is also the law here of course it conflicts with the law that states a child can go hunting on his/her own at 14, kind of hard for a kid to go hunting on their own if they cant have access to a loaded firearm but kids here do it everyday and never heard of anyone actually getting charges for that one ..

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.
not sure of the actual rule on this one here either but I know if they come to your home for something else and your gun isn't properly stored your probably getting a fine or if a kid gets a hold of it or if someone gets a hold of it and someone gets killed with it and it wasn't properly stored you the owner are more than likely going to prison

like I said most of this stuff has been the law here in NJ for years

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Ya, how's that working in NJ?
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Yup....would seem like with all these laws, NJ would be crime-free!!! :twisted:

I guess it is time to pony up a few more bucks to NRA et al to help fight this, but with the current Congress/Administration it may be an uphill battle. I think the intentions were announced with the mis-stated facts regarding the firearms crossing into Mexico a few weeks back.

Randy

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Ya, how's that working in NJ?
There are many crazy overregulated things here but this isn't actually too horrible
you must get a gun purchasers permit this requires a huge background check through your local police department (if you live in a portion of the state as I do that does not have a local police force you must get this though the state police) this is the worst part of it, this is when you get fingerprinted, supply SS # supply drivers license and your life history and can take up to a year (if the state police are doing it) to get your purchasers permit, most people who get them through local departments tell me they get them in about a week ..
After the initial purchasers permit is gotten Then buying a gun is fairly simple you go to your gun shop and show purchasers permit (which has your fingerprint Ect. on it, show drivers license and fill out a few forms and the shop owner runs a check through the state (that checks for any newer crimal history that may now prevent you from buying a gun)
the check takes like 15 minutes in most cases (unless the computors are down or something) then the state lets them know if its ok to sell you a shotgun or whatever..

its actually a pretty simple,painless process once you get the initial gun purchasers permit..
the initial one is a pain ..

then to sell a gun say to a friend or someone it is your responsability to make sure they have a valid purchasers permit and you just fill out the paperwork of the exchange and each party keeps a copy ..
if something comes up later like the gun is stolen or someone is actually shot or something with the gun they will go to the original owner of the weapon who the gun is registered with and you better have the paperwork that you sold the gun and to who with all their purchasers permit info on it or you the original owner will be held responsible..

they are claiming that they are going to change this as I mentioned earlier and you will have to go through a gunshop to sell a gun to someone else ..
if they change it to sell a gun you will do the same paperwork the buyer must have a valid purchaser permit as stated before and go to a gunshop pay the 15-25 bucks for the 15 minute or so background check and approval for the buyer to purchase the used shotgun or whatever..
Yup....would seem like with all these laws, NJ would be crime-free!!!
:lol:

doesn't really prevent any crime only the legal citizens of NJ buy their guns in this fashion..
but it does make it a bit tougher for a ex muderer or a convicted felon or something to be able to purchase a gun..
and it does slightly help if you have a gun stolen .. the theives cannot take your gun to a local gun shop and cash in on it, as all guns are registered and if one is stolen the serial numbers are in the states computors so if someone were stupid enough to take it to a gun shop the owner would easily know it is stolen and hopefully would do the right thing and report it to the police..

I personally dont have a problem with the system here other than I thought it was a rediculous amount of time I had to wait to get my initial gun purchasers permit..

as far as my understanding goes, if you have say an old gun that was left to you by your granddad or something these guns were never registered, therefore as long as you have a valid purchasers permit these guns are legal to own but can only be sold Legally to people with valid purchasers permits with the exchange of paperwork previously discussed..

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm

briarpatch,

A lot of the things that you say are exactly what worry me.....it's that old "slippery slope" thing. If the rest of us end up where NJ is at, then we will all probably be saying the same things...."it could be worse", "only have to wait for the purchaser's permit", etc. But then along will come the next set of school shootings, serial killers, or drug cartel wars and then there will be a push for outlawing the assault rifles again (we're almost there already). There will be a lot of us that will say, "oh well I don't shoot those military-style rifles anyway". Then some yo-yo will shoot up a shopping mall with a semi-automatic pistol and they will be outlawed....then a lot of us will say "oh well, I only shoot hunting rifles and shotguns". You see where I'm going with this.....next thing you know they be after my over-under!!! The bottom line is that the criminals will always have whatever they can get....the stolen gun pipeline is full and always will be.....no need to try to sell to a gun or pawn shop. It is the rest of us that will suffer....there will no be a full scale gun ban....that won't fly, but ever-increasing legislation and taxation will cut off the legal right to own arms just as cleanly. In this case it will be "death by a thousand cuts". We shouldn't accept any level of gun control and continue to resist it at every turn both at the polls and through support of the gun lobby.

Ya...I know.....I'm not a vet, but I'm probably on someone's right-wing extremist list!!! :evil:

Randy (or John Doe if Big Brother is watching)!

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 am

briarpatch,

A lot of the things that you say are exactly what worry me.....it's that old "slippery slope" thing. If the rest of us end up where NJ is at, then we will all probably be saying the same things...."it could be worse", "only have to wait for the purchaser's permit", etc. But then along will come the next set of school shootings, serial killers, or drug cartel wars and then there will be a push for outlawing the assault rifles again (we're almost there already). There will be a lot of us that will say, "oh well I don't shoot those military-style rifles anyway". Then some yo-yo will shoot up a shopping mall with a semi-automatic pistol and they will be outlawed....then a lot of us will say "oh well, I only shoot hunting rifles and shotguns". You see where I'm going with this.....next thing you know they be after my over-under!!! The bottom line is that the criminals will always have whatever they can get....the stolen gun pipeline is full and always will be.....no need to try to sell to a gun or pawn shop. It is the rest of us that will suffer....there will no be a full scale gun ban....that won't fly, but ever-increasing legislation and taxation will cut off the legal right to own arms just as cleanly. In this case it will be "death by a thousand cuts". We shouldn't accept any level of gun control and continue to resist it at every turn both at the polls and through support of the gun lobby.

Ya...I know.....I'm not a vet, but I'm probably on someone's right-wing extremist list!!!

Randy (or John Doe if Big Brother is watching)!
This has some truth to it as well, in NJ I believe (if I am correct on this one) not that long ago they passed a law making several makes of assault rifles illegal to own (I heard some of my friends throwing a fit about it as they overnight now owned illegal firearms and was supposed to turn them in) I never owned an assault rifle so I didnt pay that much attention to the details of it.. ( not even sure exactly how the law worked out or if it worked out)
But I do know buying a handgun requires a different type of purchasers permit that is a little harder and takes a little longer to obtain than a rifle purchasing permit..They are also much more strick on the registering and selling of a used handgun to a friend or something)
which in NJ it is illegal to use a handgun to hunt and it is illegal to use a rifle to hunt, other than small caliber's for varmits like a 22 caliber or muzzle loaders are legal to hunt with..(think this is due to the small size of the fields and woods) a large caliber rifle would probably shoot out the feild and across a highway in many places here..but you can still legally purchase large caliber rifles here for out of state hunting...

hope they never change that one or gunbroker.com will be getting a few $$$$$ off me ..or it will be time for a move.. :D

if yall think that law is crazy you should see some of the others we have here..
I know some people down the road a piece had their home broken into the guy that broke into their house cut his hand wide open breaking the window with his hand to get in..later he got caught sued the owners for hurting his hand on their property and won.. Their homeowners insurance had to pay
$5000.00 bucks to the robber for the poor theifs hurt hand..

same thing with hunting 4-wheelers and dirtbikes when i was a kid you could ride in the local sand mining pit or on their land (which they have a lot in this area) and nobody bothered you even though there were numerous signs telling you no treaspassing the mining company really didnt care if you hunted or rode 4-wheelers or dirtbikes there..
well of course several idiots got hurt sued the sandmining company and won big $$$$ even though the mining company has signs everywhere saying no treaspassing....
of course now the mining company really means no treaspassing and gets the law around here to enforce it..ruining it for normal people ..that are smart enough to realize hey i am at my own risk on this property doing something that is or can be a bit dangerous if I get hurt its on me..so now you can no longer hunt or ride 4-wheelers or dirtbikes there..

only in NJ do they come up with these wacky laws (that you can get paid for getting injured while treaspassing) or worse yet paid for injuring yourself during a robbery..

as the old slogan goes
NJ and you perfect together :lol:
if over regulation really high taxes and crazy laws are for you ...

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Wow....that's probably one of the 50 I better mark off the list of places to live!!! I thought we had crazy legislators here (and getting crazier by the day).....

Randy

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 am

I just can't help myself.

Congress cannot inact any law that violates the Constitution. Read past the 2nd and find the three ways this resolution violate Our constitution. Gun owners and the NRA will have little problem disposing of HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009