Obama pushing shooters off public lands

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Obama pushing shooters off public lands

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:13 am

This is a back door bill that will put an end to hunting trialing and shooting on public Lands...When are we goona stop inner bickering and band together and stand up for American and our lands

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washin ... blic-lands
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

helpful_cub

Re: Obama pushing shooters off public lands

Post by helpful_cub » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

Darn it. Deer usually aren't found on BLM land (they like forrest) but lots of upland birds are. So this is really focused on us. :evil:

birdshot

Post by birdshot » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:20 am

I know i am preaching to the choir, but have you ever noticed how some hunters/shooters are complete slobs. Shooting areas covered with glass, TV's, plastics and other litter. It is little wonder public support of our sport is waning. Don't get me started on some fishermen.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:23 am

birdshot
granted there are slobs no matter where you go hikers that dump their water bottles along trails nature campers that go hiking and burn up over 500,000 acres of forest, much less other slobs...this goes far deeper then trash...this is a back door to taking our land and our rights away and yes they will use any excuse to do it.

Not to bring up other things but You and Everyone for that fact...just look up and learn about ICLEI and Agenda 21...this is not something to just shrug your shoulders at ...It IS being implemented more so under this regime of government then much of the previous presidents we have been under..Pay close attention to the Executive orders that are being signed the rural one also should scare people

this all ties together.

Termites work the same way...one tiny little bite here and a little Bite there...and we all know what damage termites can do behind the walls until it is to late
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Actually, termites are highly organized and quite goal oriented from a group standpoint. Perhaps some people shpuld have a closer look at them.

Time to play the PRA card, along with shoring up usage rights on a local and state level. Making good with Native American governments can't hurt either.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Mike Rossi

Post by Mike Rossi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I dont agree with banning regulated hunting and (regulated) dog training. But I dont like target shooting on public lands, go to the range. Same with ATV riding and other "big footprint activities", go trash some urban [location] and make all kinds of noise there too.

My name isnt Polli-Anna ----- Off course this isnt about the environment, its about an irrational fear of guns. But I wont stick up for target shooting on public lands. Its not the same as dropping some birddogs working a draw and shooting a few birds. Or setting up and harvesting a deer or some waterfowl.

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:39 am

It was just announced today that the draft for that legislation was removed as of yesterday. Removed but not burnt. We have to keep vigilant with these guys or they will try to sneak it through elsewhere.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

rick,b

Post by rick,b » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:56 pm

there are so many other things the goverment can be doing instead i wish they would worry about lowering our tax instead. :cry:

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Hunters fund a ton of public land purchases, and most of wildlife and habitat monies come from license fees. Go to TopTater.com/hunting.php and voice your opinion.
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Mike Rossi wrote:I dont agree with banning regulated hunting and (regulated) dog training. But I dont like target shooting on public lands, go to the range. Same with ATV riding and other "big footprint activities", go trash some urban [location] and make all kinds of noise there too.

My name isnt Polli-Anna ----- Off course this isnt about the environment, its about an irrational fear of guns. But I wont stick up for target shooting on public lands. Its not the same as dropping some birddogs working a draw and shooting a few birds. Or setting up and harvesting a deer or some waterfowl.

You apparantly missed Arlette's point about banding together. Their goal is to ban it all. Wake up people. Yes, first it was trapping, at least here in AZ, and next is ....

Windyhills

Post by Windyhills » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 am

I would ask that people not be so darn quick to jerk those knees!

This is not an issue for hunters unless you feel you should be target shooting on public hunting lands.

I do NOT think that should be allowed, nor does most every state that manages it's own public hunting lands (don't believe me, get out your state's regulation book).

This is NOT about banning hunting...nor about working dogs. I think some work on the language could help, but the core concern is valid for me.

I've seen too many spots on public land absolutely trashed with garbage, targets, handgun and rifle ammo, clay pigeon fragments, etc. There need to be other places for that type of activity--granted there aren't enough in some locations across the country.

If I do agree to the slippery slope argument here, it's a bit different one. The general public doesn't like it when they go onto public land and see all that garbage and thousands of spent rifle/handgun/shotgun cases. Or see someone unloading their AK on bottles, garbage they haul out to shoot at, etc.

They may want to ban use of guns period. We don't need that!

Use of guns for hunting is not the same at all as use of guns for target shooting or recreational gun shooting. Both have their place, but both need different places most of the time!

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Let's see: leaving trash littering is already illegal but let's ban target practicing just in case?????? NO I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! I think target practice and shooting on public lands is part of hunting. But respect and safety are part of that. I guess following your thoughts that we should outlaw bird hunting just because we can't control everyone leaving their shell hulls in the dove fields?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

BigTub wrote:Let's see: leaving trash littering is already illegal but let's ban target practicing just in case?????? NO I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! I think target practice and shooting on public lands is part of hunting. But respect and safety are part of that. I guess following your thoughts that we should outlaw bird hunting just because we can't control everyone leaving their shell hulls in the dove fields?
You make a good point. It bothers me when people don't pick up there empties when hunting. It is things like that which do help the general public form an impession of us.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:39 pm

ezzy333 wrote: It bothers me when people don't pick up there empties when hunting. It is things like that which do help the general public form an impession of us.
Ezzy
It sure is a lot easier to grab shells when using a break action or in an area without tall grass or cattails. Al, don't give 'em any ideas. Next thing you know we'll have to have "empties" catch devices added to our firearms. :roll:

Seriously though, I pick up all my trash & trash I find that others have left behind, except used TP. :D
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 pm

BigShooter wrote:
ezzy333 wrote: It bothers me when people don't pick up there empties when hunting. It is things like that which do help the general public form an impession of us.
Ezzy
It sure is a lot easier to grab shells when using a break action or in an area without tall grass or cattails. Al, don't give 'em any ideas. Next thing you know we'll have to have "empties" catch devices added to our firearms. :roll:

Seriously though, I pick up all my trash & trash I find that others have left behind, except used TP. :D
You are probably right on all counts.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Pappy

Post by Pappy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 am

Interesting. Let get rid of all the guns, dogs, and Atvs. Still you are going to have slobs that litter. You are worried about some people shooting on public land. I feel much safter on public land than I do in the city. Its not a perfect world. Just think if we got rid of all the guns. People are still going to kill each other. They will use rocks or sticks. Nothing will ever change. To much Government control all ready. I am just becoming an out law here in this state of Ca. You can't even ride your quad in a designated ridding area where there are so many restrictions.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:54 pm

You apparantly missed Arlette's point about banding together. Their goal is to ban it all. Wake up people. Yes, first it was trapping, at least here in AZ, and next is ....
This is the point I always try to make. These people will never stop and we sure don't need people within our own ranks making it easier for them.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

helpful_cub wrote:Darn it. Deer usually aren't found on BLM land (they like forrest) but lots of upland birds are. So this is really focused on us. :evil:
Sorry helpful, but I live smack dab in the middle of the alleghany national forest... It will end ALL of my hunting. deer, turkey, upland bird... There is plenty of deer habitat in the blm. this hurts all hunters. :(
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
BigTub wrote:Let's see: leaving trash littering is already illegal but let's ban target practicing just in case?????? NO I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! I think target practice and shooting on public lands is part of hunting. But respect and safety are part of that. I guess following your thoughts that we should outlaw bird hunting just because we can't control everyone leaving their shell hulls in the dove fields?
You make a good point. It bothers me when people don't pick up there empties when hunting. It is things like that which do help the general public form an impession of us.

Ezzy
I had always felt the same way until hunting in the great state of NJ. Assunpink WM butts up to the town of Roosevelt. We hunt just outside of town and are very successful. Though you have people who call the State Troopers on us all the time, even though none of us have ever received a ticket of any sort. We were specifically told to leave our empties so as to have proof that the officers can see how far away from homes we were. Without that there is no proof of where we were standing on the drive.

We start up on Dec 3. No doubt we will see the troopers at least three times on Monday. Last year we saw them at the same bridge three weekends in a row waiting for us to come out. The fourth week I placed a dozen donuts and a box of Joe there with a sign that read " Please enjoy this breakfast as we will be out shortly." When we walked out they were eating donuts and drinking coffee. After they checked us out for the 4th time in a month, they went to the ladies house that had called every week and told her if she harassed us again she would be the one leaving in hand cuffs for harassment of hunters. It took four weeks to get them off our backs.

I just paid for all the permits and licenses for myself and my son, sure sucks to pay $350 for out of state hunting to be harassed constantly. I just can't let them win.

Joe