Are you an NRA member?

displaced_texan

Re: Are you an NRA member?

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:56 pm

oldbeek wrote:
displaced_texan wrote:I'm not a member because I see them as another money hungry, corrupt cog in the political machine.

In the big picture I don't think they really do much good.
Life member also! I bet you don't go to hearings to protect your own gun /hunting rights. I do! NRA is there also. Here in leftist California the fish and game commission was considering a motion. " Dogs will not be used in taking of any wildlife" NSTRA trials still must meet game regulations even if we own the birds and they are considered wildlife. NRA was there protecting your right to use your bird dog. With your attitude, you may as well sell your guns and get a cat.
Actually, I am involved. And I have a cat, she's cool. And she loves my Pointer.

And I disagree with them on a lot.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:51 pm

25 year " Life Member" I also send $$$ to ILA. This year I joined as an endowment member and bought 3 memberships for my nephews. California is banning lead shot. I shoot several 16's and reload for them. Reloads with steel may be illegal. NRA is at all the Fish and Game hearings fighting for my right to reload. When the anti gun folks screw up hunting in your state, are you ready drive to the next state to hunt? " Steel shot cripples"

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:41 am

Member.

I will say this: They have an excellent marketing department...

mhprecht

Are you an NRA member?

Post by mhprecht » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:25 pm

They are not above criticism. That said, I've been a Life Mbr since the '70s.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:44 pm

No.

I think they are a dangerous organization and I am horrified by just about everything they stand for. I am a responsible gun owner and hunter, and they do not represent me. Maybe 40-50 years ago I could have gotten on board, but their refusal to support any sort of gun regulation, the fact that they have bought off so many politicians, the fact that any time there is a horrific tragedy in this country they tell everyone the solution is more guns, the fact that through the legislative agenda would/does allow meth addicts and the mentally ill to get guns with little to no questions asked and no background check (in most states).. ugh, they truly make me sick, to be honest with you. I shutter to think of what this countries gun violence situation is going to look like when my kids are adults and have children of their own.

Any organization whose actions (as opposed to words) enable and encourage dangerous people to get firearms is not an organization I want to support. Then again, I also don't think Obama is coming to take away our guns or put us in internment camps or is out to destroy or bankrupt the country, but that's just me. A conservative with no party or platform I can relate to. I'm sick of the crazies who supposedly represent me, the NRA is just one example.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:03 pm

You say most states do not require a background check to purchase a firearm, would you please name one?

It is a federal law that requires background checks on all gun sales through an FFL, and further requires an FFL for all but limited transactions of person to person. There is no gun show loophole, go to one and see. At the last show I attended there was not one table operated by a non-FFL holder.

I really don't care what you think about the NRA, but you do need to check your facts and not just repeat Dem inaccurate talking points.

A Proud NRA Member

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Neil wrote:You say most states do not require a background check to purchase a firearm, would you please name one?

It is a federal law that requires background checks on all gun sales through an FFL, and further requires an FFL for all but limited transactions of person to person. There is no gun show loophole, go to one and see. At the last show I attended there was not one table operated by a non-FFL holder.

I really don't care what you think about the NRA, but you do need to check your facts and not just repeat Dem inaccurate talking points.

A Proud NRA Member
A person has a right to think what they will but they should at least base their opinions on facts. As Neil says there is no state that doesn't follow the federal law and by the way it is NRA supported.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:05 pm

demsdogs wrote:No. I'm sick of the crazies who supposedly represent me, the NRA is just one example.
Given your perspectives on Second Amendment issues, I doubt you have to worry about the NRA representing you, but Bernie Sanders might be doing a pretty good job of it.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:20 pm

ckirsch wrote:
demsdogs wrote:No. I'm sick of the crazies who supposedly represent me, the NRA is just one example.
Given your perspectives on Second Amendment issues, I doubt you have to worry about the NRA representing you, but Bernie Sanders might be doing a pretty good job of it.
Its not looking good, the two Republicans and two Democrats leading the Primary polling are all advocating gun control.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Neil wrote:You say most states do not require a background check to purchase a firearm, would you please name one?

A Proud NRA Member
Neil, I understand that the vast majority of guns sold at gun shows are through federally authorized dealers, having been to several gun shows I can attest to that--what happens in the parking lot is another story, but that is not even my point. It goes well beyond gun shows. An NRA-sponsored congressman by the name of Tiahrt cut the balls off of the ATF over a decade ago, rendering them unable to enforce even the existing gun laws. I can get online right now and have a gun shipped to my front door from an independent seller with no questions asked. We went something like seven years without an ATF director due to extremists politics, the number of ATF agents hasn't changed in 40 years despite the incredible rise in the number of firearms in this country, we protect criminals as a result of our lack of a federal registry of gun transactions, ATF agents are only able to inspect gun store inventories for discrepancies every 15 years, despite the fact that under the law they are supposed to do it annually. There are a lot of problems that have nothing to do with my politics.

But, on that note.. I am not here to repeat democrat party talking points. I am a Republican, and I look forward to the day when I can once again hold my head high when I tell people that, instead of ya know.. the shame and embarrassment I feel now.

Look, I love guns, which is why I'd like to see the current level of mass shootings and gun violence come to and end. If extremists on the right keep this up, eventually the public will demand action, and it will be far more severe than requiring background checks for all gun sales or reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. I maintain that the NRA is an extremist organization and that they are dangerous and detrimental to the cause with their paranoia and their stubbornness. You don't have to agree with me, I certainly don't agree with you, and we are able to do that peacefully and legally thanks to guns and the great minds of people who came before us.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:40 pm

ckirsch wrote:
I do like Bernie Sanders as a human being, I would never vote for him, but he seems like a genuine individual with convictions. The same way I feel about Obama. You see, I don't have to hate the people I disagree with to be a conservative, and I don't have to be in favor of individuals blasting bazookas and launching grenades to support the second amendment. The world isn't black and white and I am getting pretty sick of people who paint it and live it that way.

The only two people I am even considering voting for are Paul and Christie, but it's looking like neither will be the choice because neither are sheep.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Demdog,

You were reasonable, articulate and making sense, until you came up with another Dem talking point about getting on the internet and having a gun delivered to your door with no questions asked. You, the shipper, and the seller would all be in violation of Federal law. So passing more laws would be of no value.

The problem with common sense gun laws is it is code for taking guns away from law abiding citizens and it would not save even one life. Those killing people either get their guns illegally or would pass any background check. The Debs want to take all guns one reasonable step (or what they think we will accept as reasonable) by step if it takes 200 years.

You are also wrong about ATF inspections, there is a backlog, but they can and do inspect some dealers annually.

And I sure don't care who you are going to vote for.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Neil wrote:Demdog,

You were reasonable, articulate and making sense, until you came up with another Dem talking point about getting on the internet and having a gun delivered to your door with no questions asked. You, the shipper, and the seller would all be in violation of Federal law. So passing more laws would be of no value.

The problem with common sense gun laws is it is code for taking guns away from law abiding citizens and it would not save even one life. Those killing people either get their guns illegally or would pass any background check. The Debs want to take all guns one reasonable step (or what they think we will accept as reasonable) by step if it takes 200 years.
I do agree that people will break the law no matter what the law is--I have a cousin who is a felon so he has his Alzheimer-addled mother purchase guns for him -- who in their right mind would sell an automatic weapon to an old woman who literally doesn't know what year it is? Problems extend well beyond the law to the irresponsibility by individuals who are happy to bend the law or ignore big, giant red flags in order to sell or purchase a firearm. I don't know how to fix that, but there just has to be a way to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, and I don't think the NRA truly cares about any effort to move toward that. I do think we need stricter background checks, I think if you have any history or indication of mental illness you should be barred from owning a weapon, with an option for review every 5 years or so for those who would like to purchase despite their mental background, and I believe in a national gun registry. I disagree that 'common sense gun laws' is code for taking all guns away, that's like saying seat-belt laws, speed limits, DUI laws, car registration, etc is code for taking all cars away.

I know a number of extremely liberal people who are gun fanatics (I use that term kindly here) but are incredibly disturbed by the seemingly constant news of mass shootings (another one today in Oregon, tragically). Solutions need to be found, because like I said before, if our side can't compromise on anything, ever, period, then our voices will cease to be heard in this debate. How long until people throw their hands up and say "okay, you people are clearly too irresponsible to do anything about this, so no more guns. It is now illegal to own a gun."? 10 years? 20 years? The public won't stand for absolutely nothing being done in the face of tragedy over and over and over again, and the NRA does a tremendous disservice to the public perception of gun owners by being such hardliners about every little thing. Just my two cents.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:31 pm

They, the Dems, are going to take our guns if we give an inch or a mile. When their goal is total confiscation it is hard to compromise. We have had Federal gun control since the 20's and restrictive laws since 1968, and people still get killed.

They don't even have a body count on the horrific shooting in Oregon, no one knows the facts, yet the White House is calling for more laws, whether they would prevent it or not:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... n-shooting

I want laws that work and are enforced. Obama wants laws that restricts guns to lawful people. I am listening to him now. You should, too. It is just he is a powerless gun grabber because of the NRA.

When gun confiscation is the goal I oppose a national registry. You really ought to listen to him.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Demdog,

Are you sure you are not a Dem troll? I'm not. Any true gun owner knows your cousin's mother is not buying automatic weapons. It is just another Dem talking point. You could just cut and paste your responses and save time.

But I am done, unless you come up with something that would prevent even one of the mass shootings.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Neil wrote:Demdog,

Are you sure you are not a Dem troll? I'm not. Any true gun owner knows your cousin's mother is not buying automatic weapons. It is just another Dem talking point. You could just cut and paste your responses and save time.

But I am done, unless you come up with something that would prevent even one of the mass shootings.
I swear to god she is, or at least was. I am absolutely not making that up. He asked me to buy a gun for him about a year ago and I would not do it. I don't know if that means she finally stopped or what (her mental health has seriously deteriorated in the last year or so), but I am 100% serious about it. My cousin isn't a bad or dangerous guy or anything, he has a drug charge previous life that continues to haunt him, at least that's what I've been told, and obviously he is willing to take advantage to get what he wants, which is unfortunate in this situation.

And, no, I am definitely not a troll, but I am starting to feel like one haha. You should know that my daughters name is Demi, by the way, when she was younger she loved sleeping with and on the dogs, and the dogs are very protective of her -- hence my user name.

demsdogs

Post by demsdogs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm

Neil wrote: I want laws that work and are enforced.
Something we can agree on!
Neil wrote: Obama wants laws that restricts guns to lawful people. I am listening to him now. You should, too. It is just he is a powerless gun grabber because of the NRA.

When gun confiscation is the goal I oppose a national registry. You really ought to listen to him.
I'll have to catch his speech later. I think we fundamentally disagree on the issue of Democrats wanting to take all guns away, I mean.. surely some of them do, but I truly don't think that is their aim. I'm certainly not immune from being wrong, though.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:18 pm

When I spoke of your cousin's mother (your aunt?), I was addressing your inaccurate use of automatic when you meant semi-automatic, a mistake not made by most gun owners, but often by Polosi and other Dems. It has taken a special permit, fees, and an extensive background check to own an automatic since the 20's.

Look, facts will not change your mind and you sure won't change mine.

Hope you have a good hunting season,

Nail

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:03 pm

demsdogs wrote: I don't have to hate the people I disagree with to be a conservative, and I don't have to be in favor of individuals blasting bazookas and launching grenades to support the second amendment.
Who said anything about hate? Strange you would introduce that into the discussion, and odd that you represent yourself as a conservative while regurgitating typically liberal vocabulary.

Also, who's advocating "blasting bazookas and launching grenades"? Certainly you can't be referring to the NRA. Can you provide any documentation of them supporting either of those activities?

You lose credibility with each successive post. Probably a good time to call it quits......

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:18 pm

demsdogs, I like the civil tone of your post but I hate the fact that you find nothing to like and you grossly exaggerate the things you dislike. That is exactly what we hear from the liberal control people who find nothing to like either other than telling us how much smarter they are than the religious people and the gun owners with both groups being so dangerous we need more laws to control both groups and it makes no difference what so ever if they do anything to make it safer on the streets but just are concerned about the control.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:16 am

The fact is if the NRA and gun owners have a decent plan to control gun violence we need to hear it. It does no good to call anybody who has different views than you do a troll or some other name.
How can you possibly believe we do not need to control guns when we are the only country that has mass shootings on a regular basis.
I have not seen any blue print for the leftist plan to take all guns. But, it will surely come to that when the public finally gets sick of having their children murder.
No troll, just give me a plan that will work. Please, no Pms with your NRA BS................Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:57 am

cjhills wrote:The fact is if the NRA and gun owners have a decent plan to control gun violence we need to hear it. It does no good to call anybody who has different views than you do a troll or some other name.
How can you possibly believe we do not need to control guns when we are the only country that has mass shootings on a regular basis.
I have not seen any blue print for the leftist plan to take all guns. But, it will surely come to that when the public finally gets sick of having their children murder.
No troll, just give me a plan that will work. Please, no Pms with your NRA BS................Cj
If you are setting the rules on who can respond, how they respond, and what they can say, might it appear that whatever answer you get will be less than honest, accurate, or meaningful. In other words there is no point in taking part in this thread from here on. And it was a thread where we were getting differing opinions that were being presented civilly and sensibly. Since I am on here already I will say my guns seem to be under control and I have never seen one out of control. However, I have seen people out of control that had guns as well as computers. If you want to solve the problem then look and see why people have little respect for life which seems to result in people being killed to appease the killers likes and dislikes, sometimes being shot when they are older and many more being killed before they are born. Sadly the actual numbers show the abortion numbers rising and the gun deaths declining but you wouldn't know it from the reporting. Just as a reminder, if you are really interested and not just trying to create controversy, look up the numbers in Australia since hey did away with legal public ownership. Hope this doesn't breach your recent new rules for participation on the forum.

Ezzy

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:14 am

ezzy333 wrote:
cjhills wrote:The fact is if the NRA and gun owners have a decent plan to control gun violence we need to hear it. It does no good to call anybody who has different views than you do a troll or some other name.
If you are setting the rules on who can respond, how they respond, and what they can say, might it appear that whatever answer you get will be less than honest, accurate, or meaningful. In other words there is no point in taking part in this thread from here on. And it was a thread where we were getting differing opinions that were being presented civilly and sensibly. Since I am on here already I will say my guns seem to be under control and I have never seen one out of control. However, I have seen people out of control that had guns as well as computers. If you want to solve the problem then look and see why people have little respect for life which seems to result in people being killed to appease the killers likes and dislikes, sometimes being shot when they are older and many more being killed before they are born. Sadly the actual numbers show the abortion numbers rising and the gun deaths declining but you wouldn't know it from the reporting. Just as a reminder, if you are really interested and not just trying to create controversy, look up the numbers in Australia since hey did away with legal public ownership. Hope this doesn't breach your recent new rules for participation on the forum.

Ezzy
Ezzy
reread my post carefully. I do not see anything about setting the rules for what people post. I do have a problem with PMs from people who do not have the intestinal fortitude to post.
The more I read your post the less I understand. What does my post say about who can post or what they write. how would you curb gun violence.
Maybe Sharon Could help out. do not see a lot of mass murders in Canada and they seem to e a pretty happy group. ......CJ

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:19 am

Thank you, Canada is a good example since we are all closely related in origin, locality, and way of life. Would you list the mass murders they had before there was such a thing as gun control? Just seems to me there must be some reason why gun control has never worked where ever it was tried except in Germany, Russia, China, and Mexico, though we are sure yet about Mexico. Maybe, just maybe, the lack of discipline, the lack of moral guidance, and the lack of personal responsibility, and the blaming of results on the tools rather than the people is the problem. What do you think? If it is th guns fault why are 99.9% of guns so well behaved while the terrible .1% get in so much trouble? And why does anyone think that controlling the 99.9% will make the .1% act better?

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:09 am

You always amaze me.....................Cj

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 am

I did not call him a troll, I jokingly asked if he was sure he wasn't one. I respect Demsdogs, he is a reasonable guy.

I am told the new president of the community college is anti-gun and new to the job, one of her first acts was to disarm the security officers, replacing guns with pepper spray. Security did arrive before the police, as the shooting was still going on, but wisely did not engage, pepper spray being of little threat to a shooter. I did hear the president asked if she was now going to rearm security, she replied, after this horrendous tragedy she was even more concerned about gun violence and was going to dedicate herself to common sense gun laws, as though that was an answer.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Nail, do you think Demdogs is done laughing. You are almost as amazing as Ezzy.....................Cj
Last edited by cjhills on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deke

Post by deke » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 pm

This biggest joke here is the fact that some people still think that their constitutional rights matter at all to the government. If the government wants your guns they will take them, and there is not a thing any of us, or the NRA will be able to do about it.

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Are Chicago's gun laws restrictive enough for you? Didn't they have something like sixty shootings and eight fatalities over the past weekend alone? An excellent example of the effectiveness of gun control. Yep, it will solve all of our problems.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Please listen to Obama, he blames the NRA for not being able to get more gun control. That is all I need to know, I want to be part of the roadblock.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:29 pm

deke wrote:This biggest joke here is the fact that some people still think that their constitutional rights matter at all to the government. If the government wants your guns they will take them, and there is not a thing any of us, or the NRA will be able to do about it.
Without the NRA, it would have already happened IMO, and if enough people have your attitude/belief, it will certainly happen!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Here in California the fish and game dept was changed to fish and WILDLIFE, Their committees are made up of PETA, the humane society and such. The NRA is there trying to support your intrests in these committees. Do you have time to be a full time volunteer? Probably not! If you can afford to own a dog, you can afford to support NRA. Remember, other states will follow suite. Last year PETA had a proposal that F&W was going to adopt. NO DOG WILL BE USED IN TAKING OF WILDLIFE! NRA myself and many others were at that hearing. Join today

AlPastor

Post by AlPastor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:40 pm

My father got me a life membership many moons ago.

At this point, I'm about as disillusioned as a member can be but I'll deal with few stupid NRA positions and horrible money grubbers looking to line their pockets with out money because, as a resident of California, I can tell you from first hand experience that the other side is more dangerous and bigger idiots.

Try being a handgunner in California. I shoot everything there is to be shot with a handgun: SASS, USPSA, ICORE, IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge, West Coast Steel, Rimfire Challenge, 3 Gun, Cowboy Fastdraw, bullseye, my first true love silhouette, and I've killed just about every species in North America (Canadian only species are the exception) with a revolver or TC. Oh and I collect classic revolvers and pistols like they're baseball cards.

Just with the above, I have to deal with handgun drop test approval, 10 round mags for everything, 1 handgun a month (unless you finally go through the process to get exempted), banned assault rifles, and the coup de grace to a handgun hunter... a lead bullet ban.

So as freaking horrifying it is to me that the NRA is fighting to allow any armed jackhole to get into a gunfight, on a whim, without having to try to extract themselves from the situation, I'd rather not completely lose everything.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:28 pm

So as freaking horrifying it is to me that the NRA is fighting to allow any armed jackhole to get into a gunfight, on a whim, without having to try to extract themselves from the situation, I'd rather not completely lose everything.
This statement is total propaganda and nonsense!!! :roll:

Charlie

AlPastor

Post by AlPastor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:11 pm

birddogger wrote:

Charlie
It really isn't.

Since stand your ground eliminates the duty of extraction, regardless of the ease of safe escape, to de-escalate the situation before escalating to lethal force, all that is necessary to escalate to lethal force is a reasonable fear for bodily injury and, in some states, mere robbery.

In SYG states, someone can be.the escalating force in every phase and the minute you resort to physical force, they can fear severe bodily injury and shoot you.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Neil wrote:I did not call him a troll, I jokingly asked if he was sure he wasn't one. I respect Demsdogs, he is a reasonable guy.

I am told the new president of the community college is anti-gun and new to the job, one of her first acts was to disarm the security officers, replacing guns with pepper spray. Security did arrive before the police, as the shooting was still going on, but wisely did not engage, pepper spray being of little threat to a shooter. I did hear the president asked if she was now going to rearm security, she replied, after this horrendous tragedy she was even more concerned about gun violence and was going to dedicate herself to common sense gun laws, as though that was an answer.
This is a pretty irresponsible post without sources. Really not very fair to the president ,school,victims,police, security or anyone else involved.
Who did you here this from. I have a pretty good Idea......................Cj

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

What you call irresponsible, I call informative. I didn't even think sensational.

Here is what I was able to piece together:

The college President was just hired and said so at a televised news conference that I saw twice, once on MSNBC.

Many news reports featured the pro-gun sheriff mentioning the security officers, although first on the scene, had only pepper spray (he said Mace, but he meant pepper spray, as the police no longer use Mace). I saw that on NBC and again on CNN.

I also heard the school president respond directly to the question if she was going to rearm security, with her commitment for more effective gun control. That was on MSNBC and HLN.

The security officers did not engage, they are not mentioned in the after shooting report.

So you are wrong, I rarely watch Fox.

So what was irresponsible? What part is in error? What is your source?

I don't read newspapers, so it is hard to give citation for live TV.

I can't believe I took the time to respond to you, doubt you will even read it.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:11 pm

AlPastor wrote:
birddogger wrote:

Charlie
It really isn't.

Since stand your ground eliminates the duty of extraction, regardless of the ease of safe escape, to de-escalate the situation before escalating to lethal force, all that is necessary to escalate to lethal force is a reasonable fear for bodily injury and, in some states, mere robbery.

In SYG states, someone can be.the escalating force in every phase and the minute you resort to physical force, they can fear severe bodily injury and shoot you.
"Stand your ground laws" can be debated with pros and cons. My own opinion is that in many circumstances, trying to flee could get you killed. I just feel that if a person's life is in immediate danger, that person should be justified in using lethal force. Obviously, if there is opportunity to remove yourself from the situation, that is the thing to do and I believe that any responsible person knows the difference.

Charlie

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Neil, according to the past President who retired in June, the college didn't have armed security when he left.
http://www.nytimes.com/live/shooting-at ... dismissed/

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:08 am

nikegundog wrote:Neil, according to the past President who retired in June, the college didn't have armed security when he left.
Are you serious? You refute my statements and accuse me of being irresponsible based on the fact both the past college president and the current president are anti-gun liberals? It does not take much for you to result to name calling. And I was quoting the sheriff, who is pro-gun. So how was I irresponsible?

And you read the New York Times?

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:00 am

Neil wrote:
nikegundog wrote:Neil, according to the past President who retired in June, the college didn't have armed security when he left.
Are you serious? You refute my statements and accuse me of being irresponsible based on the fact both the past college president and the current president are anti-gun liberals? It does not take much for you to result to name calling. And I was quoting the sheriff, who is pro-gun. So how was I irresponsible?

And you read the New York Times?
That's quite a rant.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:30 am

I am irresponsible and I rant?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:22 pm

New postby nikegundog » 25 minutes ago

Neil wrote:
I am irresponsible and I rant?
Yes and yes.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

You decide if common sense gun laws means taking guns away one step at a time. Allowing gun makers and sellers to be sued for a product that has been misused is nonsense.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34447239

Please note the source is not pro-gun.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 pm

On "Good Morning Joe" MSNBC about gun control:
MIKA BRZEZINSKI: I don't think anything can happen now but over time if, sorry, but if a lot of different regulations are put into place. It does start to close in on the problem, including a national database tracking these guns, tracking the amount of guns that are owned by people.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 am

I am asking for the viewpoint of the anti-NRA gun owners that watched the Dem debate, do you still believe that all but Webb want to restrict gun ownership of law abiding citizens?

Should we not be concerned about allowing the gun manufacturers to be sued for gun injuries and death? If a jury will award huge sums for being burned by McDonald's coffee, how much might they award the victims of a mass shooting? Don't you think the price of guns and ammo might go up?

Please help me understand why we do not need the NRA.

deke

Post by deke » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Neil wrote:I am asking for the viewpoint of the anti-NRA gun owners that watched the Dem debate, do you still believe that all but Webb want to restrict gun ownership of law abiding citizens?

Should we not be concerned about allowing the gun manufacturers to be sued for gun injuries and death? If a jury will award huge sums for being burned by McDonald's coffee, how much might they award the victims of a mass shooting? Don't you think the price of guns and ammo might go up?

Please help me understand why we do not need the NRA.

Neil, I will freely admit that I did not watch the Dem debate, I think every politician is as greedy and crooked as the next, democrat or republican. And I would like to think that most people on here that don't support the NRA are not "anti" NRA, but more in the middle. I believe that "we" as a country need to do something to improve our gun "control" laws. Since this thread started there have been two more school shootings, something is wrong. Kids should not be afraid to go to school, nor should parents be afraid to send their kids to school. Is gun " control " the best answer? I do not believe so. But I am willing to listen to other options if you have them. If everyone stands firmly in their corner nothing will get solved, where if both sides gave a little there is a possibility that we could actually come up with something that helps. If it comes down to paying 50 bucks for a box of shells to save a few kids from getting shot, sign me up, I would gladly pay it all day long.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Shells have been too expensive for me to go shoot someone so I started loading my own. Darn, there go another remedy..

It is a shame that we have become a society that condones taking God out of our kids lives, makes it illegal to punish them or spank for bad behavior because it might warp their physic, making it illegal for the kids to have a job, raising minimum wages to where it is not feasible to provide work for a beginner, allowing the media to spread whatever garbage they want with little connection to facts, and an older group who have decided they know more than anyone else and ignore time tested facts that have been around since biblical times, and promote a society where no one bothers to know, let alone trust, anyone else whether a friend, neighbor, or in many cases a relative, a court system that takes years to punish wrong doing and then just slapping their hand and thinking that is sufficient, and have created a fatherless society where children have no one to guide or teach them right from wrong. I think putting personal pride and responsibility along with Christ back in our society would remedy most of our ills but I do know taking guns away from the best of people will not solve a darn thing but will only make matters worse as it has every time it has been done through out history.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:03 pm

demsdogs wrote:No.

I think they are a dangerous organization and I am horrified by just about everything they stand for. I am a responsible gun owner and hunter, and they do not represent me.
That reads anti-NRA to me, do you read it otherwise?

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:57 pm

A jury just awarded $6 million to police officers that were shot with am illegally obtained firearm, citing the store should have known it was a straw man purchase. Both officers are back to work, but suffered serious injuries. Although a large store, it is believed this will force them out of business.

Can you imagine the size of the award if all the victims of the mass shootings were allowed to sue the manufacturers of the guns that were used? I would think the awards would be in the billions. No maker, even if they raised their prices by a factor of 10 could survive.

Colt is already in bankruptcy, gun manufacturing is just not that profitable.

It would not just be a few more dollars for a box of shells, but only the very rich and the government would be able to buy guns and ammo.