New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

whitedogone

New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

Post by whitedogone » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 am

http://www.treadsandtracks.com/index.php?ID=1288

Finally a launcher that is priced right. Anybody seen or used one?
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 28g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 20g 28"
Browning BPS Synthetic 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS 12g 3" 22" cant. fully rifled

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: New launcher.... anybody seen one of these?

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:34 am

Been looking at these myself...... :wink:

just might have to order so Bob can take the other ones to the field and i can use these the starting dog area
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

NA

Post by NA » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:42 am

I have used these launchers and I have no complaints about them. I train with the guy that makes them and when I have been out with him I have not seen any issues. We have been using the prototypes as well, if that makes a difference. I am ordering three of them. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. Scott is a stand up guy and will bend over backwards to help you.

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:13 pm

OK, I am going to step in here. I am the one behind the launchers. I put them up for sale at the introductory price for those that are willing to order them in and wait for my production to be completed. The good news is that I am not 8 weeks away any more more like 3-4 weeks away. The one pictured is a prototype. I will have a picture on the production one up around the 12th of May.

Anyway if you have any questions feel free to contact me. My email address and phone number is on the website listed above. So, what ever works for you I would love to answer your questions.

2britts

Post by 2britts » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:04 pm

I think I may have to take a chance on these. I just got The Perfect Start/Finish set today. Look like I'm going to need lots of birds.

jager meister

Post by jager meister » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:50 am

i just ordered one...lets see how it works, I will let you all know ASAP.

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:52 am

Very Interesting :lol:
Dog On Point!!

2britts

Post by 2britts » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm

I ordered 3 guess we'll see how they work out

Driveby

Post by Driveby » Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 am

I ordered 2 of these yesterday to try out. I can't wait until they get here. :D

SD Pheasant Slayer

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Thu May 01, 2008 8:38 am

I also ordered a pair. Gundogforum.com is apparently making Scott rich! Looking forward to seeing how they work.

littleking

Post by littleking » Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am

ordered 1 this morning

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:16 am

whats the range on them i need a 2 for now can they be programmed together? If so this may be a deal!

edit i just emailed Scott then found more info on the web page 100 yards and 3 launchers per remote.....very good deal.

coveycreek

Post by coveycreek » Thu May 01, 2008 9:39 am

Scott,

Will the control take care of multiple launchers? Is there a locator of any type on them? I am not going to be able to get anything ordered today so, what will the non-promo price be on them?

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:09 am

I'm going to order 2 today.....i have never used a launcher for those who have tried this one and familar with other launchers does this look like an easy one to load birds in?

coveycreek

Post by coveycreek » Thu May 01, 2008 11:11 am

it looks about the same as any other.

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:24 am

i know but i was going to order the DT and everyone says they are great becasue of the way you can load the birds...but i don't think you can beat this price and i don't mind supporting a small business man.

owen

Post by owen » Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am

I've got a couple E-Z's but the range is more limited. I could use some 100 yard launchers. How are these powered??

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

The launchers include a rechargeable battery and a light that indicates battery level. Feel free to contact me direct with questions. Use the contact info on the website to email me or call me.

cocdawg

Post by cocdawg » Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm

I emailed yesterday and I'm waiting on a response. I really think this is what I'm hunting.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Thu May 01, 2008 2:36 pm

They look about the same as others with the exception of the DT launchers having the end loading door, in which I have 2 of, but Rick just ordered one so we'll try it out if it works good for us then he may order 2 more, we will let you know how they turn out.

Chip

whitedogone

Post by whitedogone » Thu May 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Scott, I guess I missed out on the first intro price point. My fault I guess. I was thinking it was good till the 1st of May. I went to order today and the price had gone up already. My wife always tells me I shouldn't procrastinate so much. WDO
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 28g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 20g 28"
Browning BPS Synthetic 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS 12g 3" 22" cant. fully rifled

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu May 01, 2008 4:33 pm

I ordered 2....looking forward to trying them out!

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Has anyone got a laucher yet? I would like to see some feedback on these before a buy 2 or 3 of them. Thanks

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu May 15, 2008 1:24 pm

dugger13 wrote:Has anyone got a laucher yet? I would like to see some feedback on these before a buy 2 or 3 of them. Thanks
Not yet, I ordered my 2 exactly 2 weeks ago today. The website says to expect 3-4 weeks for delivery. So, they should be here in a week or 2!!

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat May 17, 2008 5:24 am

I wouldn't jump on them until I knew these things about them: I assume that one little control will run four launchers?

Do they launch the INSTANT the button is pressed?

Are they quiet?

Do they have a locator BEEP for them?

Do they come in another color other than white? I wouldn't want a dog looking for white objects in the field.

Can you add to the number later?

Does the price include the transmitter and launcher?
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Sat May 17, 2008 7:16 am

I think you can find the answers to most of those questions here: http://www.treadsandtracks.com/products ... 50:0:0:0:0

Each unit comes with a remote.

It would seem from what I have read elsewhere that they are comparable to a Dogtra launcher on how quiet they are (maybe more so) and the timing of the release from when the button is pushed. As far as color not sure, but then again I wouldn't think you would be leaving it out in the open for dogs to view and would use available brush to hide it.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat May 17, 2008 7:23 am

Form what I saw in some of the links I was provided it doesn't look like it jumps

it will do 3 launchers with the 4th button launching all three at one time
price includes a transmitter with each one

and there is a locator beeper for those of us which can't remember where we hid the launcher

I am looking forward to getting mine also...i just ordered better late then never

it doesn't have the range of the DT's but that is fine for me as i am gonna use mine for the puppy area and intermediate area of training

I also spoke with the maker of these launchers on another idea....which hopefully he can make it happen...will post about that later till then we will keep you guessing :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat May 17, 2008 8:49 am

I would guess an end loading door like the DT's, I know I love that option on mine, that in itself is extremely handy. :lol:

Chip

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Sat May 17, 2008 10:29 am

As far as color goes.......I emailed the guy who made the lauchers a few weeks back about the white color concern. He said that was just the prototype and the real one will be this color (this is the picture he emailed me).........

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm

i emailed the maker, and he gave me a promo code for a little more discount. He said they have 90 day warranty, and each remote can be programmed for additional launchers later. So i ordered 2.

I will update when i know more. I figure 1 got 2 from him for the price of 1 of the other name brands.

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 am

I ordered 2 when he had the deal going hopefully they will be in a couple weeks.

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 pm

I just ordered two launchers and Scott was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I can't wait to try 'em out!!! :D

BCA1228

Post by BCA1228 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 am

Did he say anything about when they would be ready to ship, or is it just 3-4 weeks from the date you ordered?

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 am

I got an email from him two days ago. His first production run should be ready to ship middle of june. I am thinking we will all get ours at least before july.

Something happened at the factory, set them back a week, blah, blah, etc.. etc...

But he did say the things would be ready in June. How many is first production run is? I dunno. he probably sold 25 ish to people on this forum alone.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 am

This is the Hardest time for starting out....orders then getting them filled .... so the hardest thing is patience for the small guy in a big world who is trying to put out an affordable launcher for us

yeah I am on the waiting list also

and at east he is trying to make sure his product is being made right not just who cares and get it out :wink:

thank you Scott for going through a lot of hoops and hurdles

Reech

Post by Reech » Thu May 22, 2008 12:58 pm

I hope he does well with his product. I think delays are the "Norm" when it comes to a start up (thats why you give a price break). It looks like a quality product. It certainly has my interests peaked, unfortunately I am not in the market for launchers right now or I would have jumped on this.

Reech

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 pm

coveycreek wrote:Scott,

Will the control take care of multiple launchers? Is there a locator of any type on them? I am not going to be able to get anything ordered today so, what will the non-promo price be on them?
The control will handle multiple launchers. I'd call him for a price....he's a very nice guy to deal with. I'm getting really excited to try these out!! :D

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu May 29, 2008 11:36 pm

I just got a couple fo the Water bottle he has offered on his site...those are some nice water bottles solid feeling but can squeeze them with out the bottle feeling like it is gonna crease and crack in your hands

if it is any indication of what his launchers are going to be like solid and durable

time will tell...counting the days

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Any one heard anything yet on how the launchers and delivery are coming. I'm sure I could contact Scott but why make him repeat something he has probably written 20 times already.
Jim

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Ok I guess I email them and see what is up. I'll let everyone know.

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 am

rstbkt69

My preproduction sample was supposed to be here on the 29th of may. I got word today that it was shipped out yesterday. I don't have an exact date yet but, 2 weeks will be pretty real close. They are express shipping me enough to get the pending order filled.

I would tell you I am pulling my hair out but, I don't have enough to get a hold of. If you have questions/concerns feel free to call. My time line is a bit off so I am feeling the pressure but, also respect all of you that are waiting. So, if you require more detailed information email me or call and I will give you the skinny on the thing. I can't thank all of you enough for your patience.

Scott

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:14 am

Thank up for the up date scott

i bet it is frustrating when planned dates fall through for one reason or another

we are still here :wink:

glk7243

Post by glk7243 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks Scott,

I'm waiting patiently.
But the dogs just have very little patience.

Gary

Image[/img]Image

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 pm

That's a great pic!!!! :D :D

rstbkt69

Post by rstbkt69 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:26 am

Thanks for the info Scott.
JIm

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks to your post I called and spoke with Scott and ended up ordering 1 myself and talking one of my buddies into ordering one as well. You are right Scott seems like a really stand up guy and assured me that even though this is his first production run that if there were any problems with the launcher that I could call him and if need be send it back to be repaired. Thanks for the post. I have wanted one of these for quite some time but am on a limited budget thanks to my wife. The affordability of this launcher was too good to pass up. I am looking forward to receiving mine in about a month.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:01 pm

nice thing is scott is taking care of the quality control Now before sending ...and not trying to get a product slapped out to fill orders not caring about the quality of his product

I can respect that specially in this day and age

dugger13

Post by dugger13 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:12 pm

My preproduction sample was supposed to be here on the 29th of may. I got word today that it was shipped out yesterday. I don't have an exact date yet but, 2 weeks will be pretty real close. They are express shipping me enough to get the pending order filled.
Are you saying that the orders are going to be at your house in 2 weeks and then shipped out, or at our houses in about 2 weeks?

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:06 pm

kninebirddog wrote:nice thing is scott is taking care of the quality control Now before sending ...and not trying to get a product slapped out to fill orders not caring about the quality of his product

I can respect that specially in this day and age
Agreed!!

Scott D.

Post by Scott D. » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:43 pm

Well it is time for an update. Have some good news and some not so good news. Everything is coming together good. Got my production sample last Friday. There are a few minor quality issues that I have addressed and they have been fixed. So mechanically it looks great.

I have a battery indicator light on the Circuit board. When the launcher is turned on or the locater is activated a light comes on and gives the battery level. Green light means the battery is good. Yellow the battery is getting low and should be charged for the next outing but, it will function for the training session. Red the battery is dead and has to be charged. That part was missed along the way so we are waiting on that one little piece :evil: . I have little hair as it is. Getting this done will probably take the rest of it.

So, to my dismay the time line has shifted. The odds are really good that I will have product to ship and fill orders by the 27th. The rest of my production will arrive 2 weeks after that.

See pictures of the sample below. If any you have questions pull my number of the website and give me a call or contact me with the other methods (PM, email).

The color is will be lighter than the sample but, is close to what we will see in production.

Thank you much.

For those of you on the Utahbirdog forum I posted the same thing so, you are lucky to get it twice :mrgreen: