Remington SPR 220 SXS

DaveyCroketJr

Remington SPR 220 SXS

Post by DaveyCroketJr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:27 pm

I am looking at a new shotgun and my funds are low. I know you get what you pay for but i also dont need all the fancy stuff on it. Does anyone have one or shot one, what do you think? Any other suggestions for a side by side under $500? I want a 20 ga or .410. Thanks

nj gsp

Re: Remington SPR 220 SXS

Post by nj gsp » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:21 am

I just picked up a used SPR310S in 20 ga., and although it's a little on the heavy side (it weighs in at 7 lbs 4 oz on my scale) it appears to be a well made gun at a very reasonable price. They are made in Russia by Baikal.

The only complaint I have is that the selective ejectors are not always selective, and about 1 out of every 20 times, it ejects both the fired and unfired round together. I think this is because the ejector springs are so powerful - they throw the empties about 12-15 feet.

The screw in chokes use the Tru-Choke threads which most big places like Cabela's, D1ck's, and BPS don't carry, and a lot of the smaller shops don't have them either. However, you can get them from Carlson's (www.choketube.com). I just bought Skeet and IC tubes for the SPR 310, and Carlson's included a storage case and choke tube wrench for free. I ordered on a Sunday, and they were in my mailbox on Thursday.

DaveyCroketJr

Post by DaveyCroketJr » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks for the help guys, not sure yet if im gonna get one or save up for a better one next year.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:56 pm

My advice is to save up a few extra bucks and get a CZ. The best price that I know of is at http://www.whittakerguns.com/ .