Launchers

nitrex

Launchers

Post by nitrex » Sat May 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Question:

What happened to the new brand of remote launchers that many members where trying? I seems like they were in production, but I never heard how they worked out in the end. Sounded like a lot of problems with electronics early on?

Nitrex

BDBUzi

Re: Launchers

Post by BDBUzi » Sat May 30, 2009 8:33 pm

I just got in from the yard where I was using three of them to work on STF and steady stuff. They are pretty nice except that the range is still lacking.

I've been using them with my pup on the checkcord with great results, but I don't feel confident enough yet to let him run on them without the CC.
The manufacturer and I have been in communication, and from what I understand, they've fired the RF guy and have been looking for a new vendor to help increase the range.

I expect another update from them any day and will post when I hear anything new.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Sun May 31, 2009 10:22 am

no problems with mine. Agree the range is somewhat lacking, and you have to be careful with the antenna so as to not pull them out.

Please keep us updated on anything that comes up with changes that could increase the range.

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:05 am

We bought two after the initial "rush" on them and can't be happier. No problems whatsoever and we use ours pretty hard. Kristi

boonz28

Post by boonz28 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 am

I have two of them and I have to say that Scott is a pleasure dealing with, but like others mine have no range at all.
I don't even bring the remote with me to train. I wait for my weim to go on point and then i go over and kick the launcher to launch the bird :roll: :lol: It works for her, but now that i have a new GSP pup, im going to have to get something with some range so he doesn't jump on the launcher.

47sgs

Post by 47sgs » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 pm

What kind of range are all of you getting with the new launchers? Do they work at 100 - 150 feet? I have an older launcher that I really need to be within 75 feet, and it's very irritating.

BDBUzi

Post by BDBUzi » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:10 pm

On a good day I can get about 45-50 paces (maybe 100-150 feet).

I've heard of somebody installing their own replacement antennas and increasing their range. I'm waiting to get more information on that and will probably attempt it myself.