Sprout Dog Food

brule

Sprout Dog Food

Post by brule » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I know the dog chow subject is probably been beaten quite a few times, but has anyone used or have any info on the Sprout brand dog food. It's made for Fleet and Farm and they have a Performance 30/20 for $22 for 40lbs. The ingredients look good and the price is very reasonable so I'm considering using it. I have a Black Gold food supplier 30 miles away, but if I can get it right here in town I'd rather do that then drive to get the Black Gold. Or should I just drive the 30 miles for the Black Gold?

big steve46

Re: Sprout Dog Food

Post by big steve46 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 pm

As a point of reference, what are the first five ingredients in that product?
big steve

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

What RU paying for black gold? I feed BG blue bag and it's about $ 24 bg or so and I wouldnt change for anything as I have fed Purina, Diamond, Native and nothing compares to BG. Where are you from, sometimes your local feed store can get BG, heck my Purina dealer gets it for me. How many dogs do you feed.
Jerry Alden

2X NGDC/GFC/FC Clk's Point Me The Way ( Allie ) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2765

brule

Post by brule » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 pm

I can't remember the exact ingredients, but when I go back to fleet I'll take a look. I can get BG Performance(black bag) for $25.50 a bag or the Ultimate Peformance(blue and yellow bag) for $26.50 a bag which I decided to go with. The wife got sick of me spending countless hours researching dog chow and made the choice for me.

dawgmama

Post by dawgmama » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:39 pm

My husband's dad used to feed Sprout to his Britts years ago, they were itchy all the time, and had white scales on their skin, but they felt really oily. Yuck. They switched to a higher quality food, and wa-la, nice coats, 1/2 the poop, and the Britts weren't greasers. I don't think the quality of the ingredients is too good. Listen to your wife, :) stick with the Black Gold.

Nan
"Dead Bird!! Fetch it up!!"
2 English Setters and a 'beasty boy' Wirehair pup in our family of hunters.