Miller's Ch White Powder

SCKWEST

Miller's Ch White Powder

Post by SCKWEST » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 am

Can anyone name all the champions that white powder produced? Which breeding yielded more winners; white powder to miss sammie or white powder to twist n shout?

SCKWEST

Re: Miller's Ch White Powder

Post by SCKWEST » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:34 am

did i bring this quesion to the wrong forum? i thought we were getting a few miller fans on here and not all gsp,gwp,weim people. thx,sckwest

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:54 am

Call Ferrel,he'll tell you.
Dog On Point!!

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 am

Tough question, He had at least 5 in the NC. He may very well have 50+ Ch's spread out through different venues. Arguably the best All-Age producer of all time, and to think that he stopped being bred at 5yrs or 6yrs and still has left such a mark. Truely Remarkable IMO.

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

gunner

Post by gunner » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:32 am

Here's an image of my winning White Powder dog. His dam is a littermate to an American Field Pheasant Futuriity champion.

When I purchased him the breeder told me that his sire was National Champion Miller's True Spirit and had the breeder's certificate in hand. Another field trialing friend that worked with Ferrell and his dogs, and is now one of that strain's top breeders questioned my dog's lineage after watching the dog compete. He thought the dog had more of White Powder's attributes than True Spirit. DNA proved him right. I'm pleased with knowing the true sire was WP.

Big is one of the the smartest animals I've fooled with in close to six decades of fooling with pointers, he's sometimes a bit too smart for this old fart.

SCKWEST

Post by SCKWEST » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

that's a good lookin dog gunner. could you give us some more background on his dam. thanks in advance, sckwest

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:04 pm

SCKWEST wrote:did i bring this quesion to the wrong forum? i thought we were getting a few miller fans on here and not all gsp,gwp,weim people. thx,sckwest
Think you will find quite a lot of pointer people as well as all of the other breeds here. Having well over 4000 members means we can have a small percentage and still have more people than most other boards. We don't limit our membership or our conversations by breed.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Gunner,
Real nice looking Miller dog, I do like them very much, one of my friends has one, the big boy is a Grouse hunting maching, and smart as a whip.
How does you Miller dog do in the Grouse woods?
RGD/Dave

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Ryman,

The Miller dogs are starting to make an impact in the grouse woods Cover Dog trials.

By the way, I went to Montrose HS, ever here of Montrose?

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Yawallac,
You bet I have heard of Montrose HS, what year did you graduate? The cover dog games are nice, but how does your dog due in the Grouse woods
when you really hunt spooky Grouse and shoot the birds, is he finding and pointing the birds for your gun, and retrieving after the kill.
My friends Miller dog is some kind of seriouly good, I lost a beautiful Miller dog when I was in the Military long ago, he got hit by a car while we were bird hunting.
The guy never saw he dog until it was to late, if he would have been going the speed limit on the back road, it never would have happened. It was long before the days of
Beeper collars.
RGD/Dave

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

The Cover Dog trials are run on wild grouse in the grouse woods. The only difference is that they don't shoot the birds.